IZIP E3 Peak

MarcD

After a lot of research and riding, I finally made my decision today and ordered an E3 Peak. With cincinnati's hilly terrain and my *ahem* stature! I went mid drive.

I can't express enough how impressed I was with Larry Pizzi's responsiveness and help. It really makes a difference when people are accessible and clearly care about their customers. Currie Tech gets mad props for that!

Has anyone wired up lights to the new IZips? I'm thinking of going with the system at Peter White's site. Didn't know if anyone had thoughts on that versus the Supernova.

Finally, big thanks to Court for providing a resource that helps navigate this burgeoning market and clear some of the fog!

Marc

Please give us a detailed review after you have had some time with it. It seems like a great bike. I am curious about your impressions of the mid-drive set up of the Peak in terms of performance, top and cruising speed, feel, and reliability. I am secretly eyeing that upcoming Peak FS bike.

Vern - sorry but I had a crisis moment and cancelled my order - mainly because I am now torn with the Dash. I found somebody with a Stromer and I found that I could actually climb the hills I was worried about with a hub motor. Now I am torn. Luckily the order was still processing and REI was great about it. So hard to make a decision! I wish we had more dealers locally to test. We have one IZIP dealer, but he only has a 2012 or 2013 Zuma in stock and I'm just not interested in a cruiser style - my regular bikes are both fairly aggressive road bikes. Doesn't change what I said about Larry and Currie though! Likely I am going to be another customer. Maybe the Trekking Haibike in June..... =)

Vern - sorry but I had a crisis moment and cancelled my order - mainly because I am now torn with the Dash. I found somebody with a Stromer and I found that I could actually climb the hills I was worried about with a hub motor. Now I am torn. Luckily the order was still processing and REI was great about it. So hard to make a decision! I wish we had more dealers locally to test. We have one IZIP dealer, but he only has a 2012 or 2013 Zuma in stock and I'm just not interested in a cruiser style - my regular bikes are both fairly aggressive road bikes. Doesn't change what I said about Larry and Currie though! Likely I am going to be another customer. Maybe the Trekking Haibike in June..... =)
Hi MarcD, totally understandable on the last minute hesitation. I personally prefer the Dash for city riding (maybe even off road) it's smooth, quiet and fast. Did you see JRod's post about this? He tried both and ended up with the Dash and said he could climb almost any hill he tried.

Court - I ended up riding a number if bikes - the Dash among them. I really enjoyed the dash, but in the end I bought a Turbo.

I am normally a road bike guy (Trek Domane and a Salsa Vaya tourer) and the Turbo just felt like a great bike that was electric assist. Loved it. Dash would have definitely been next up. Stromer 3rd.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and thoughts on the boards. Great resource and community!

Awesome! The turbo has a solid feel to it and the drive system integration (display, battery and motor) are top notch. It's the little things with that bike... The magnetic plug, lights and water bottle mounting point on the downtube DESPITE having the battery mount there as well. Top notch :D

Back