its not easy putting a new fender on a e bike.

fooferdoggie

well if your bike has a tail light running in a tube inside the fender.

I goofed up my fender on my bulls bike with a pannier strap. my local shop was battling bulls to get a wire schematic but it was taking days and it would cost a lot to run the wire for the replacement brake light. so got a new fender mount light and a new fender made for a giant bike and a mounting bracket that was for that fender.

I got the fender drilled for my bike then tried to run the wire through the tube and of course it got stuck. but hey a little chain lube and it was easy going. I tested the light to make sure the wires were right since I had to fire out what set worked. the soldered them and used heat shrink tubing. this was a lot more hassle then most things I have done on a bike.

this same strap did the same thing on my tandem but it only pulled the wire out. then it did worse on this bike. but on the tandem I just soldered a new light on and ran the wire along the rack.

IMG_1126.jpg
IMG_1127.jpg
IMG_1128.jpg

You can get a cheap generic plastic fender and then cut it and then use it to patch the broken part on your ebike.

You can get a cheap generic plastic fender and then cut it and then use it to patch the broken part on your ebike.
my fender broke in half (G) but I needed the wire guide. it only cost me about 55. for the fender and metal bracket that I was missing and the tail light.

Any of you DIY guys/gals out there....have you EVER had a job completed without anything going haywire? I haven't 🤬

Any of you DIY guys/gals out there....have you EVER had a job completed without anything going haywire? I haven't 🤬
once in awhile (G) this was not bad really. Isoldered the wires as I never have luck with crimp on things. I have a good setup so it only Tok a few minutes. those tiny wires are hard to strip.

Back