Issues

Joe EE

Anyone else have a sluggish throttle and pedal assist? I am pretty forgiving but a dead throttle until you are letting off and 3 full pedal rotations before the system notices.... on a completely charged battery gets my attention.

I am probably past my warranty and at the rate Volt responds it will be cold before it gets figured out. I have a good mind to rip her apart and do it better. The battery has between 10 and 15 cycles on it.

Any suggestions before I start breaking out my tools again?

You asked this question and got some response on the Voltbike Yukon User Group on Facebook. Think best answer was this one below. I would also say make sure the sensors on crank did not move out of alignment. Funny that it keeps sensing after the additional delay.

That's sensor related, not controller or motor related. Pull the sensor plugs apart and put dielectric grease on them and then plug them back in.

Ok thanks. Didn’t think that it would hurt to poll for information in a different place. I understand the point about the pedal sensor but I don’t understand how that would affect the throttle and the weird behavior I am getting from that.

I made the comment about the other site just in case others did not know about it (like me until recent), seems somewhat active. Does the Red button turn off throttle? Maybe try some combinations to see if you can pin point issue. Still sounds like a loose wire and the sensor on the pedal causing the issue and not a controller issue. Good luck.

Back