Issues with Giant Quick E+ 2018 - need some advice

popcatalin

Hi, I need some help regarding a Quick E+ 2018. When I commute the power mode to Sport (I have ECO, Normal, Sport) I hear some creaking sounds when I pedal. This is happening only in Sport mode and rarely in the Normal mode if I push it hard. Any advice regarding what I can do to stop that noise. I'm afraid that it can cause damage somewhere in the motor. I also want to mention that a while ago I took off my speed sensor and moved it on the pedals to bypass the 25 kph European limit. Could this have any effect on the motor?

Thanks in advance for your support!

Sounds like loose motor mounting bolts. The fix is to remove them, grease everything, and re-torque.
Some have been known to have worn bearings. Do you have a lot of miles on it?

The sensor mod voids your warranty, so if you need warranty service be sure to put it back to stock. If you need one of those security torx bolts I have them, can mail you one. They are fairly hard to find.
At some point I may do the same, not so much for 30mph, but just to pickup a couple more over the assist shut off at 19.7. The motor has no issue going a little faster - I highly doubt that's your issue. But if it's internal bearings, could simply be a bad one that is noisy.

I would check the bolts first. There's another thread on this here somewhere...creaking while pedaling.

Has anyone had any issues with their speed sensor failing ?
I have a 2019 quick e with around 1800 miles on it. It’s a year old and has run great for the whole time so far. Recently I have had the speed readout drop occasionally to 0 while travelling. This has been intermittent until last week when it didn’t come back.
This has had the effect of cutting all power and saying the bike needs service.
I’ve checked the magnet position and today booked it in to the local Giant shop.
Just wanted to know if any others have had similar issues with giant ?

Make sure it's aligned to the indicator line on the sensor - it's at one end or the other. If it's out of place it will do what you're explaining.
Could also be a failed sensor, but not likely. Dealer can fix.

Back