Issue with Folding frame latch

I would see this as a convenience issue and not a safety issue in that if the pin falls out you simply can't latch the hinge. I cannot see a way of the latch failing while locked; the forces would securely hold the pin in place. But clearly a few bikes escaped inspection for this setscrew.

Six months after receiving our two XP 2.0 st bikes we are still impressed by these machines, which offer standard features that are optional or unavailable (i.e. Cruise Control) on other ebikes, and yet are a remarkable value at the <$1K price point. There are a half-dozen ebikes cruising around our local suburbia here, and I saw another Lectric parked at the nearby market last week.

By the way, one thing that WOULD be nice is to find a way of securing the latch handle in the closed position, keeping it from potential damage while moving the folded bike around.
Velcro straps from McMaster Carr would work awesome for your needs do not get the 2 piece style get the stuff with grip on 1 side and the fuzz on the other

I would see this as a convenience issue and not a safety issue in that if the pin falls out you simply can't latch the hinge. I cannot see a way of the latch failing while locked; the forces would securely hold the pin in place. But clearly a few bikes escaped inspection for this setscrew.

Six months after receiving our two XP 2.0 st bikes we are still impressed by these machines, which offer standard features that are optional or unavailable (i.e. Cruise Control) on other ebikes, and yet are a remarkable value at the <$1K price point. There are a half-dozen ebikes cruising around our local suburbia here, and I saw another Lectric parked at the nearby market last week.

By the way, one thing that WOULD be nice is to find a way of securing the latch handle in the closed position, keeping it from potential damage while moving the folded bike around.
McMaster Carr pn 9402t61

Back