ISO wire basket for HSD Hauler Rack

lvh98110

I will continue to search Amazon, but in case anyone else has already found a solution, I thought I would ask here. I grew tired of using bungee cords so I purchased a wire basket advertised as being 12" x 9" x 8":

I could see from the photos that there was enough taper to make the interior base slightly smaller than advertised, but it was cheap enough to serve in the interim. This is a nice looking basket, and fits the Hauler Rack perfectly, but it doesn't completely do the trick for me.

I want to be able to fit a standard paper grocery bag and/or square takeout food containers in a basket zip-tied to my Hauler Rack. I prefer wire, and the measurements must not exceed 12" x 10" because I take the bike in and out of an elevator. Eight inches is a good height, but I could probably go a little lower if I had to. I've previously tried a plastic filing crate and it was far too cumbersome for the elevator, plus it completely obstructed my view of the front tire which I found disorienting when turning.

Has anyone found something along these lines that they particularly like?

Thanks!
Linda

TERN was selling this basket a while ago...
IMG_0797.JPG

I have a nifty Collapsible folding metal Basket that I use for grocery runs. Since pannier bags cant really be tied down to the bike and they are high theft items to be just left on, I got this ordinary looking folding basket thats screwed/ziptied onto my bike to deter any theft and have for convience not to lug things on my back.

It’s very sturdy and I’ve carried tubs of kitty litter with no problems and the folding aspect is a lifesaver.

Folds up to a dainty size and folds out to a decent enough size to fit a good few things.

886D8EE6-8677-4A2C-97FD-94E68E013983.jpegB275B2BC-47EE-4306-B359-3D2D6D983F99.jpeg

I have a nifty Collapsible folding metal Basket that I use for grocery runs. Since pannier bags cant really be tied down to the bike and they are high theft items to be just left on, I got this ordinary looking folding basket thats screwed/ziptied onto my bike to deter any theft and have for convience not to lug things on my back.

It’s very sturdy and I’ve carried tubs of kitty litter with no problems and the folding aspect is a lifesaver.
That's a nifty basket, but my LBS installed the rear panniers with two zip ties at the base of each which are not visible to the casual petty thief. Also, I ride/shop/run errands in a low crime small town and I store the bike inside my home. The beauty of putting a basket on the Hauler Rack is that the latter is frame-mounted making the bike more stable when it's loaded.

Back