ISO 26" folding ebke,...

tds101

Region
USA
City
New York, NY
Can someone possibly let me know of a folding 26" wheeled electric bike. A I see Sonders, Samebike, Jupiter, and tons of (possibly) crappy clones on Amazon and eBay. My price point is about $1,300, and I'm not expecting top of the line (though I'll most likely mod/upgrade anyways). And I'm not looking for a fat tire model either (4" tires aren't suitable for commuting on my train ride to work). Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Closest bike I've seen is the lectric bike co model F https://electricbikecompany.com/model-f/
which I think is 24" tires.
I hate 20" tires through potholes and was thinking of buying a airnimal joey and converting it with a front hub motor and generic battery: https://airnimal.co/products/joey
but a purpose built 24" would be neater. My application would be last 5 miles service from Greyhound, National Express, & city transit systems.

Can someone possibly let me know of a folding 26" wheeled electric bike. A I see Sonders, Samebike, Jupiter, and tons of (possibly) crappy clones on Amazon and eBay. My price point is about $1,300, and I'm not expecting top of the line (though I'll most likely mod/upgrade anyways). And I'm not looking for a fat tire model either (4" tires aren't suitable for commuting on my train ride to work). Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Check the Montague forum. Court reviewed one a while back and many have electrified the regular folders with kits. Way over your price point but worth a look as well.

I may have to pop for a Bafang motor kit for my TernJoeP24 at this rate.

I briefly put a Tongsheng TSDZ2 torque sensing mid drive on my 26" Dahon Jack folder, which is somewhat similar to your Tern Joe. It worked fine but I hated turning a 28# bike into a 41-42# pig (including battery) so I took it off. If you don't mind the extra weight your Joe should be a good choice. I've never ridden a bafang aftermarket mid drive bike but I think they weigh even more and don't have torque sensing, if that is important to you. I also briefly tested a Bafang geared front hub motor on the Jack (just messing around with a motor/wheel that I got cheap on ebay), worked fine but obviously same problem with weight and just tonight took that off of the Jack.

Last edited:
Back