Is Voltbike still around?

ShumaBike

I bought an Enduro last year and I've had a few issues with it. Up until now I have been able to contact Voltbike to get a warranty replacement and to have questions answered but on this latest issue (I believe the freewheel in the motor is broken) they seem to be totally non-responsive. The shop I took it too left a message with them every day for a week and got nothing. My own calls seem to go nowhere. Other people seem to have had no luck contacting them by the look of other threads in this forum.

Are they still around? It always seemed like it was a single dude operating all phone lines and answering all calls before, and now it seems like there's no one. My bikes currently non-functional unless I can find a way to replace parts in the BAFANG motor. If anyone knows of any other way to get parts I'd appreciate it. Has anyone here ever tried contacting BAFANG directly? They have an english help line.

Thanks for any help!

I wish I could help. Sorry to hear, I'm waiting on my second Enduro bc the 1st didn't work either. I'm now on the 7th week from order while storing and staring at the huge box for the last 3 weeks. Keep on them. I had luck by emailing from my initial order confirmation. Good luck friend.

These types are starting to show a pattern for Volt bike lately and it's not a good one.

I'd contact LunaCycle and tell them what you've got and what you need. They can probably hook you up. Now, if the motor is still under warranty with Voltbike, I'd keep pressing them on it unless we're only talking about a couple of bucks.

I'd contact LunaCycle and tell them what you've got and what you need. They can probably hook you up. Now, if the motor is still under warranty with Voltbike, I'd keep pressing them on it unless we're only talking about a couple of bucks.

The bike itself is out of Warranty. It's possible the motor is warrantied by BAFANG but I'm unable to contact them directly. I'll give LunaCycle a try, thanks for the info.

I am really hoping they are just extremely busy right now. I have a bike ordered that is waiting to be shipped or may have already been shipped. Very difficult to get a hold of somebody at the company right now. I know they are really busy as I have seen George reply to people and apologize. Growing pains I can understand, I am hoping for some reassurance that they are going to increase their staff etc. in the few future. I’m really struggling with canceling my order and ordering a Radrover.

My plan was to go with the Yukon 750, but when I noticed people on Facebook and EBR mentioning having difficulty getting a hold of anyone at Voltbike I decided to go with the RadRover last Friday. They don't do pre-orders, so the black RadRover I ordered is actually in stock. I hope to get a shipping confirmation later this week. They are sold out of black Rovers but still have the white in stock. They seem to be pretty good about posting a notice on their website when a particular model will be back in stock and the date and time that orders will begin being accepted.

My plan was to go with the Yukon 750, but when I noticed people on Facebook and EBR mentioning having difficulty getting a hold of anyone at Voltbike I decided to go with the RadRover last Friday. They don't do pre-orders, so the black RadRover I ordered is actually in stock. I hope to get a shipping confirmation later this week. They are sold out of black Rovers but still have the white in stock. They seem to be pretty good about posting a notice on their website when a particular model will be back in stock and the date and time that orders will begin being accepted.

I’m sure you will be happy with that. According to when I did talk to George a couple weeks ago my bike should arrive in a few days. I was just looking for their phone number on Google and noticed they have almost a perfect five star review with 104 reviews. Their Facebook reviews are also very good. Working in a dealership service department as a service manager I know how difficult it is to get that kind of feedback so it does give me some faith in them.

I’m going to stick it out with my order and hope the company catches up to their demand. Looking at all of the other big companies out there right now it does seem like they are having similar problems, the E bike industry seems to be exploding!

I’m sure you will be happy with that. According to when I did talk to George a couple weeks ago my bike should arrive in a few days. I was just looking for their phone number on Google and noticed they have almost a perfect five star review with 104 reviews. Their Facebook reviews are also very good. Working in a dealership service department as a service manager I know how difficult it is to get that kind of feedback so it does give me some faith in them.

I’m going to stick it out with my order and hope the company catches up to their demand. Looking at all of the other big companies out there right now it does seem like they are having similar problems, the E bike industry seems to be exploding!

I would be wary of the authenticity of those reviews, especially given how hard they have been to contact for almost the entire time I have been a customer of theirs and the fact that you are posting in a thread where I can't even talk to them to find out how to fix my bike, let alone actually get them to help me with it. I actually liked my bike quite a bit, aside from the times it broke. Their quality of service is a different issue.

As a followup I have been unable to get anywhere with trying to find help replacing parts in the BAFANG maxdrive 330 that is in the bike. It does not use the parts of a BBS02 or any other aftermarket BAFANG kit and seemingly nowhere in the US services this particular motor nor can source parts for it. BAFANG itself has been totally unresponsive and VOLTBIKE is still dark. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.

As a followup I have been unable to get anywhere with trying to find help replacing parts in the BAFANG maxdrive 330 that is in the bike. It does not use the parts of a BBS02 or any other aftermarket BAFANG kit and seemingly nowhere in the US services this particular motor nor can source parts for it. BAFANG itself has been totally unresponsive and VOLTBIKE is still dark. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.

I think they are completely overwhelmed right now. I just got off the phone with George, the owner. I called them and hung up when it sent me to voice mailbox and he called me back immediately. We had a 12 minute conversation, I have to say I feel pretty good after talking to him and I did mention your issues and he said there should be somebody there to answer your phone call and that they are indeed extremely busy but if you call them you should be able to speak to Bianca. I told him I was concerned about lack of support and he was very emphatic that supporting their existing customers is a huge priority.

I am a service manager at a Chevy dealership and I can tell you firsthand that it is very difficult to get positive reviews like that on Facebook and Google, but when you look at them they really do seem genuine. Part of my job is our reputation management online so I do have some experience with it. I would hang in there and keep calling them.

I was finally able to get through to George. Maybe they had taken an office vacation. It's been a while, but if this is able to get sorted out I'll be (mostly) happy. I've missed a lot of summer so far to this but I've just been able to take the train.

I'm a new member but I ordered 2 bikes over a week ago. I assume the 4th of July must have affected production, but accounting for the holiday, they are still beyond their "6 day prep" time frame before shipping. So I guess I'll give them until the end of the week before I seek another source.

Many companies are also short in supply. One can't even pre-order a Rad Mini or Rad Rover. Sad.

Correct. Rad Power Bikes does not accept pre-orders, which I think is a smart move. A good portion of the EBR forum posts from new members in regards to Direct-to-Consumer bike companies has been with delivery dates not being kept. Rad avoids the whole issue and sells on a first come first serve basis. If you sign up for their emails you'll be alerted when online ordering will resume. They also post this info a few days in advance on their website too. Worked for me.
1531180933068.png

I'm a new member but I ordered 2 bikes over a week ago. I assume the 4th of July must have affected production, but accounting for the holiday, they are still beyond their "6 day prep" time frame before shipping. So I guess I'll give them until the end of the week before I seek another source.

Many companies are also short in supply. One can't even pre-order a Rad Mini or Rad Rover. Sad.

I ordered mine June 25th. I know when I ordered it the site did say underneath the bike that they would not have stock until the 7th, so I was expecting some delay.

I totally get that they are having growth issues, but it just blows my mind, being a business owner myself, why George does not just dedicate 2 hours per day to fire off emails to customers, even if its just a simple "Ill look into it" to put customers minds at ease. I think most customers would be very understanding with just a tiny bit of customer service.

FWIW I have both my bikes and been riding the shyt out of them, so far no complaints with performance.

George eventually came through for me for some replacement motor parts, though it took some seasons. They do seem to be around and can help out if you're diligent enough with contacting them.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with how the motor is integrated into the Enduro so this may be a dumb question, but is it possible or even feasible to pull the existing motor and replace it with a new one?

Back