Is this the best choice for me?

Whitieiii

I'm looking at getting an electric bike and have been looking at the rad rover from rad power bikes I like it but I don't know if it's the best choice for me... I'm always on the move and going to be living in my van soon so want something that will charge on a cigarette lighter plug or 12v battery as I won't be able to let it charge in public very often or even for very long... not going to install a bike rack on top of the van but I'll install a hitch one on the back or front any suggestions?

I made a similar decision recently. I would consider Juiced bike ripcurrent over the radrover. For $150 more you get 52V battery and hydraulic brakes. Not to mention that there are questions about rad’s750W motor claim see

Forget roof rack, these bikes are heavy. There are hitch racks (Thule for example) that have a ramp which makes getting the bike on/off the ramp easier. If you are fit and can lift 70 pounds than you can ship the ramp option.

As for charging from the car there are thread in this Forum that discuss it, Obviously you will need a good inverter.

If you are van dwelling, you may consider a folding Ebikes and store it in the van if you have space (less tempting to thieves)

Good luck to you.

Attachments

• 70A1AB0D-7C87-4AB8-BD49-C245D5E8071C.jpeg
    70A1AB0D-7C87-4AB8-BD49-C245D5E8071C.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 368
You’ve got a lot of reading to do about battery charging. You are not charging a cell phone battery here. It takes a lot more than just plugging into a cigarette lighter connection.

I'm looking at getting an electric bike and have been looking at the rad rover from rad power bikes I like it but I don't know if it's the best choice for me... I'm always on the move and going to be living in my van soon so want something that will charge on a cigarette lighter plug or 12v battery as I won't be able to let it charge in public very often or even for very long... not going to install a bike rack on top of the van but I'll install a hitch one on the back or front any suggestions?
If you get a bosch system. There is a guy on eBay selling very rare Bosch 12v cigarette lighter battery chargers. I have one on the way. Bosch only made them for maybe one season and doe not make them any more.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/eBIKE-BOSC...rentrq:ee49c4b316c0a9e538436012ffd0cc5c|iid:1

One reason I consider the rad rover is because the main shop of rad power bikes is just an hour away from me so I could test them out.... But I understand... I unfortunately can not have it inside since I'll be in a minivan but I will have around 250w of solar with minimum 2000w pure sine wave inverter... 80-85 lbs is about the absolute max I could lift at this time but lighter would be better... I'll check out the suggestions!

There are now a few 12v cigarette lighter chargers on the market. I bought one 4 years ago when they were much harder to find and it has worked fine, but it does draw a current of 6 amps for 6 hours.

I have found a couple of options in the UK, compatible with most 36v batteries (no idea about global availability):

https://powatechnic.com/12v-cigarette-plug-to-36v-42v-lithium-li-ion-charger.html

Back