Is This A Scam? Rocket Bike

You can find a lot of bikes that look similar and some that are better in the $900 to 1200 range. They don't state any details at all on that link. Power, speed, size of battery? In addition those type of rims people complain about getting out of true and unlike spoked rims, you can't true them. I wouldn't give them a CC#, even for a buck. You never know they might be farming information.

If you're looking in the range of $1k, people seem happy with lectric ebikes. I can't speak personally about lectric, you can ask owners on their sub forum.

$435,029 raised already!! There's a sucker born every minute. "Georg" (not a typo, LOL) [NO LAST NAME] runs it all. The only pic of him is a grainy black and white from afar, with ski goggles and a hat on! He's clearly attempting to thwart FBI's tech when he disappears. As others have stated on other forums, the items on the prototype DO NOT match the advertised items. And the ONLY way current tech can go 100 miles is for someone to pedal 100% of at least 50 of those. I lost one dollar in this scam. I refuse to lose any more, especially $1,000 to $1,800+!

it has a geared Bafang hub it cant recharge it shows mechanical brakes not hydraulics it sure cant go 100 miles unless in the back fo a car.

it has a geared Bafang hub it cant recharge it shows mechanical brakes not hydraulics it sure cant go 100 miles unless in the back fo a car.
LOL, yes. I was just thinking about what Georg is going to spend his stolen half million on...

Another complaint against...

Rocket eBike indiegogo CAVEAT EMPTOR.

Last edited:
Another complaint against...

Rocket eBike indiegogo CAVEAT EMPTOR.
That’s the weakest debate I’ve ever read. It’s a scam since he doesn’t list his last name? Written by someone with severe buyers regret and no facts.

That’s the weakest debate I’ve ever read. It’s a scam since he doesn’t list his last name? Written by someone with severe buyers regret and no facts.
You don't read much then. There are clearly more reasons listed than just his fake name thats missing multiple components. And you cannot have "buyers regret" since you cannot even buy it yet. Plenty of facts, so I have no idea what you are even saying.

An update, they raised nearly 1.6Million$.

And I just received an update that they are suspending production due to COVID. Seems like a normal excuse right now to steal everyone's $.

I tried to warn people. They just didn't listen.

1600 or so bikes right now would be pretty ahed. but this is a generic folding bike that will have other companies competing for them too.

Back