Internet provider whoes....

sc00ter

Well-Known Member
Region
USA
City
Norfolk, VA
Im on the web this morning watching a video when suddenly it freezes. I drop down to my laptops connection page wondering why I lost connection. I watched, in real time, my routers name get changed!? What the...... Spectrum merged with Cox as one of our internet providers. This was supposed to be a seamless switch. My router is now named Cox by Spectrum. It kicked ALL of my devices offline. So my wife goes to the Cox store and comes home with one of their "rental" routers. Our router was fine. Nothing is working still. Im at work and not looking forward to messing with it later tonight. She claims there isn't a contract of any kind. I told her to just go back to the Cox store and cancel the whole thing and we'll go with someone else, though I don't know who.
 
Back