Impressed with Juiced bikes but???????????

wings02

I've been watching several reviews and reading customers comments on Juiced bikes. I am very impressed with their Torque/Cadence system. It seems the owner, Tora (?) has some progressive ideas and is very involved with the development of his bikes. My concerns are with a possible quality control issue and what appears to be a delay in response from their customer support department.
For customers that have purchased Juiced bikes, are these concerns warranted?

52V charger failed. Warranty replacement within a week. Chain drop issue. EBR forum users suggested removal of 4 links. Problem solved. I like Juiced products. Had good customer support.

I can't find it now, but someone was posting about delays trying to get a battery covered under warranty with Juiced. I don't know how it turned out, but it seemed to be dragging on for weeks. And the worst part, is if Juice doesn't cover it under warranty, or if the bike is just out of warranty, it's $1300 for a new one sourced through Juiced. I realize it's 52V 19.2 Ah, but yikes.

I can't find it now, but someone was posting about delays trying to get a battery covered under warranty with Juiced. I don't know how it turned out, but it seemed to be dragging on for weeks. And the worst part, is if Juice doesn't cover it under warranty, or if the bike is just out of warranty, it's $1300 for a new one sourced through Juiced. I realize it's 52V 19.2 Ah, but yikes.

They used to charge ~$1/wh for batteries, lol now it's 30% higher.

My Cross Current is 4 years old and is approaching 20k miles. I can’t complain about the quality but I’m able to repair the bike myself. I had some issues early on but the bike has been very reliable for the last 2 1/2 years. I think the updated electronics have gotten more reliable over the years. I seem to pop a rear spoke every 3-4K miles on cue but I can fix that myself In about 20 min without removing the rear wheel.

I have over 5000 miles on my CCS and I've had to contact support a few times. For the most part, they've been quick to respond. All of the problems I've had were covered under warranty too.

I have over 600 miles minor issues but Juice has always responded quickly and replaced the part i needed . Love my Rip Current

Hi @wings02. I posted my experience HyperScorpian Experience on the forums earlier today. I can confirm that people are still having issues with QAQC and support. I too like the look and the promise of the bike, but haven’t had a great experience thus far. I think if you get a model that’s been out for a while and it’s not DOA, you’ll probably be fine. It’s just the risk of getting a bad one.

Hi @wings02. I posted my experience HyperScorpian Experience on the forums earlier today. I can confirm that people are still having issues with QAQC and support. I too like the look and the promise of the bike, but haven’t had a great experience thus far. I think if you get a model that’s been out for a while and it’s not DOA, you’ll probably be fine. It’s just the risk of getting a bad one.
Thank you!

Warranted, totally. I have purchased 3 bikes, 2 real issues. Minor issues were handled swiftly but non working issues have been a grind. If you are comfortable troubleshooting electrical problems and installing replacement parts yourself they are a good deal. Otherwise I would recommend something else.

Hi all; I too had good experiences with Juiced Bike (JB) support, just so long as each issues was simple, eg, replacing a failed thumb throttle under warranty. As soon as it became complicated, or something they seemed to wish to avoid, JB staff would either offer not only incoherent answers to a query but four contradictory, incoherent answers. And then, trying to distill the issue to one simple question to whit- "Is it safe to charge the pack (52V-19.2Ah) to 100%?" [by overcoming the added 0.95V on average added to the charge port so to spoof 58.8V so that charging stops at an actual 57.7V (93%)] they, literally, refused to even comment on let alone answer that question. Why? What are they hiding from us, there Customers?

Full details at post: "CCX 52V-19.2Ah BATTERY "Guard Voltage" & Other ANOMALIES".

BTW if any of you have that battery pack would two or three of you measure the voltage at the discharge port when the pack is OFF? Or did I imagine it all???????????????

I must say, any mediocre company will address and solve simple no-Brainer problems. It’s the more complicated ones that in my opinion distinguishes a good responsible company from a mediocre one. A company that is willing to go the extra yard to solve a complicated problem is the one that I would prefer to buy products from.

I must say, any mediocre company will address and solve simple no-Brainer problems. It’s the more complicated ones that in my opinion distinguishes a good responsible company from a mediocre one. A company that is willing to go the extra yard to solve a complicated problem is the one that I would prefer to buy products from.
WINGS02: thank you for your comment with which I agree wholeheartedly; it's a shame that Juiced Bikes do not hold themselves to those high standards, especially when it comes to constructive transparency aka "Honesty" about their products and their capabilities.

wings02 et al

I opened a ticket with JB about charging to 100% using the GRIN Satiator which I have been keen to buy for several months but concerned that I might damage the pack; the ticket was opened on August 25th, presenting the basic question along the lines of "... would it be safe to use the GRIN charger setting charge cut-off at 59.7 for a true 58.8V 100% SoC)". I received no reply other than the automatic ticket acknowledgement, so, I sent several follow-ups asking for status if nothing else. Eventually I received a reply yesterday: a link to an out of date brochure for the GRIN charger. Whoop-Dee-Woo. And, thereby completely, yet again, not answering my simple question. See 'attached'

I guess that it is one thing when a Customer Support entity is simply incompetent. But fto ignore a simple question, and with sarcastic deliberation is indicative of something much more serious...…………………. What are they afraid of?

Attachments

• JB (Rafael) Reply 09-18-20.pdf
    201.8 KB · Views: 410
Back