I want buy sonders fat bike

choucas

Hi,

I'm leaving in France and I woul dlike to buy a Sonders fatbike and i want some concils before.
I'm 50 years old.

I want to know if it is better to buy a fat bike with suspension fork or not?

Thanks,

@choucas, in general, suspension forks can make a bike feel more comfortable; however, I'm not so sure that it's really necessary when you've got 3 or 4 inch wide tires being run at a fairly low tire pressure. Those wide tires are going to feel pretty cushy just on their own. Sometimes the extra bounce from suspension forks can make the handling of a bike feel squirrelly on a rocky path but are nice on a paved road. Those forks will also add more weight to an already heavy bike and additional cost, so you have to decide if you 'spring' for them ;)

I heard about the Sonders e-bike as well. A decent bike but it's a little pricey. But hey, if you can afford it and that's what you like, then go for it. I like I bought recently ( Pedecotech 400 ) and I plan to keep this bike for a very long time.

I don't know that the Sondors is that expensive in the USA, as I see the original listed for $599 plus $200 shipping? Main thing is it usually takes 3 months to ship. They get them from China in batches by boat. One thing I didn't like about a Sondors is that it's a single gear bike in its basic mode.

My home built fat bike with a rear motor has no front suspension and I don't need one as it's only used on pavement. I think the inexpensive $100 sets they sell are just for looks or casual commuting anyway. Serious mountain bikers appear to spend far more money for forks.

Back