I want a FAST eBike

I think the cheapest way to just get speed may be to just purchase a Cyclone 3000. Run that at 40 amps and connect to a quality 52v controller.

You can also achieve your goal with a BBS02. My folding bike has 20 inch wheels, 52t chain ring and has a top speed of 36 mph.

You can only get there by throttling because the gears are not high enough to get you to that speed by pedaling. This bike is nuts.

It has so much torque that in the wrong gear it will wheelie and throw you off the bike if you don't hold on tight.

Its configured by Luna to run at 1200+ watts. I had a 52v 17ah battery in the bag when running at 36 mph.

Attachments

• IMG_20180920_205717.jpg
    IMG_20180920_205717.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 314
This morning, one of those Greg LeMond wanna be guys all decked out in spandex and seated on a carbon fiber racing type bike was behind me at a stop light. I was on my $600 250W eBike. I smoked him on the acceleration, but his higher gearing meant that he passed me pretty quickly after 20MPH was reached.

What a coincidence! I was in a coffee bar in Albuquerque around then, where some analog bicyclists were relaxing after their morning ride. They were having a grand time, joking about the ride, who's gotten faster or slower or bought new wheels, etc. One of the guys then said: "Today was my best ride, ever! Some old dude on an electric bike actually tried drag racing me at a stop light. He got off the line quickly, but I beat him soundly and didn't have look back. I've been riding for years now, building up my strength, and while the health benefits of road riding have been great, beating this guy on his e-bike just made my day. Thanks to my riding regimen, I can eat whatever I want and still stay trim enough to wear these silly looking but practical riding suits. He's probably off having beer after beer complaining about the world and trying to scrape up enough money to beat me next time. I'll just stay in shape and be ready for him next time."

Back