I met Erik a half hour ago...

Reid

Erik was passing down our street 45 minutes ago in Coconut Grove.

I happened to be out front setting the barrel out for tomorrow's pickup when I heard the thrum of fat bike tires.

Erik is a vet like me (he is AF and I am USNR) and he has a working ebike. I don't mean that mine is broken and his is not (though that is also true), I mean he is working right now.

"You know, there is no Facebook group for ebike owners in Miami. This is the coming thing."

He will check in here pretty soon and say hello. We have a lot in common, all of us here.

20180614_202417.jpg

(His shirt says WeAreMiami)

Hey Reif, great to finally meet another ebike owner!

I really liked delivering to that area last night, such nice scenery and roads and paths to ride on. The Rover is phenomenal as well, such a pleasure to ride on. I'm glad I finally signed up for this site, looking forward to interacting with the forums.

We’ll definitely have to link up for a ride in the future!

Wow it looks really beautiful over there. There must be some awesome trails to hit over in that neck of the woods.

nice to see you guy in Coco Grove. Ride through there all the time on my way to Key Biscayne.
I should be up and running electrically again next week, JoePah.
It would be great fun for the three of us and maybe more, to meet and share bikes and a run or two!

We Ar E Miami

I should be up and running electrically again next week, JoePah.
It would be great fun for the three of us and maybe more, to meet and share bikes and a run or two!

We Ar E Miami
Congrats Reid with your new group forming quickly. Would love to get down there for a ride in that area. Looks so awesome from the pics and videos I have seen. I am up in the Midwest with much different terrain and landscape. Nice to take in some new and different scenery. Enjoy!:p

Congrats Reid with your new group forming quickly. Would love to get down there for a ride in that area. Looks so awesome from the pics and videos I have seen. I am up in the Midwest with much different terrain and landscape. Nice to take in some new and different scenery. Enjoy!:p
I dunno about "group," yet, but you are welcome! Erik and I are going for a night ride on Wednesday night this week.

Anybody read this and want to join us, please do.
We are going to start out from a century ago, former rock quarry, Merrie Christmas Park,

Last edited:
Had a great night last night meeting up with Reid to give the Rad Rover a thorough lookover and a short ride. I bought my bike gently used so it was nice to get the brakes and everything else calibrated and setup correctly. After we cleaned and oiled the chain and set the gears in the rear properly, it felt much smoother. Faster too, I was able to hit 24-25 mph with just the throttle on my way home. Unfortunately an incoming storm cut the night short before we were able to go for a longer ride.

We switched bikes for a bit and it was really interesting feeling a different style ebike. His bike is fast! I can imagine how fun an electric road bike would be, it was a big change compared to the Rover that feels like driving an urban tank. Albeit, a really fun urban tank that tackles all terrain.

We will have to go out for a longer ride next time now that we have both our bikes in good working order!

Attachments

• biking with Reid.jpg
    biking with Reid.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 840
Erik is the nicest guy. He is also a man of many intellectual interests and pursuits.

A couple of weeks ago I was putting the barrel out on the curb for pickup.

I heard the thrumming sound of knobby tires and looked up.

Glad I did!

Back