I love the look

If biking next to traffic, i don't hear the motor, but if no cars is around i can hear it clearly. It's audible, but not loud.

Not sure about pausing power while shifting. I'll try and see if i notice tomorrow and get back with info on that one. There is no cutting of power while braking though, but that's maybe because rules are different in Europe, because engine power is more restricted here.

Weight is 22kg // 48.5 pounds for US. I can easily carry it up and down the stairs. It's only a bit heavier than my old non-electric bike.

I can only see Canada in the dealer list: http://www.bmw.com/com/en/general/dealerlocator/content.html

Are there really no BMW car stores is US ?

I see :)

The front and rear lights are powered by an inside generator in the front wheel i just found out. And when riding for a bit, they have enough power to stay lit while waiting at traffic lights. That explains why it takes 5 minutes before they power off, after turning off the bike control panel.

Nice

After 2 days riding to and from work, i start to like this bike more and more. 36 km so far, and only 1 out of 5 battery bars used.

It is just so smooth. All the hills i hated climbing on my old bicycle - they are fun now! Come, let's climb them hills, it doesn't matter anymore :D

I have never enjoyed riding a bicycle in this way before. Amazing.

I've begun to use the 2 highest settings a lot, because the battery seems to last forever ! But now i start to notice/hear the engine a lot. I kinda like the engine sound, so it won't be a problem for me. The sound of the bike making sure i don't get sweaty or too exhausted after a long day of hard work. It is a good sound indeed.

About the gear shifting, it's seems to ease off the power when shifting gears, and i found on the bosch website it has gearshift sensor on Derailleur gears. I found that pedaling a bit more gently, when shifting gears, gives the most smooth operation.

The frontwheel fork can be locked to stiffen the bike. I use it open always because there are many small edges and bumps on my daily route, and overall the bike absorbs them really well.

Really happy i chose this one, and i certainly will recommend this to anyone looking to get a ebike of high quality.

@ Alexfrbc, how is long-term ownership - am thinking of getting one of these with the pound so strong against the Euro! Any advice appreciated.

@ Alexfrbc, how is long-term ownership - am thinking of getting one of these with the pound so strong against the Euro! Any advice appreciated.

Check out the Overvolt, while the euro is devalued... (Link Removed - No Longer Exists). Sexy bike! Should be readily available in the UK. Really like that you are moving on from the ss show. Ask questions and contribute, you are a welcome member here on EBR Com. and so are the "future ss owners".:)

Thanks J.R. - not used to receiving a civil and welcome response on these forums!!! It looks a nice bike, the hardball is similar to the BMW Cruise bike in many ways - the UK dealers are punting out bikes for £2500 upwards, whereas I can pop into Germany when next on the continent and pick up a Cruise bike for £1730 - Bosch power train is identical and the BMW has a two year warranty too - unsure if the BMW is up to the rigours of trail riding though!!

Thanks J.R. - not used to receiving a civil and welcome response on these forums!!! It looks a nice bike, the hardball is similar to the BMW Cruise bike in many ways - the UK dealers are punting out bikes for £2500 upwards, whereas I can pop into Germany when next on the continent and pick up a Cruise bike for £1730 - Bosch power train is identical and the BMW has a two year warranty too - unsure if the BMW is up to the rigours of trail riding though!!

That's dirt cheap! You could buy two for what one would cost me! Close to it anyway. Good luck on your ebike quest.

LOL, yes with the Pound to Euro at a high it is good value, not sure the Dealers are too happy, I am trying to buy four or five, sell the others and pay for my own :)

Court's got reviews with video of two of the Lapierre Overvolt bikes--pretty stunning. Check it out.

Yes Ann I did watch Court's video's when he posted them, they are great! I was posting links to EULITTLB for the UK Overvolt site, a little closer to home for him. He can do a day trip through the Chunnel, pickup an Overvolt in France (home of Lapierre Bikes) and be home by bedtime. Easy thousand pound + savings and a nice way to spend a day:)

Isn't Lapierre a Canadian company? I thought but I'm too busy to look it up right now. :)

Yes Ann I did watch Court's video's when he posted them, they are great! I was posting links to EULITTLB for the UK Overvolt site, a little closer to home for him. He can do a day trip through the Chunnel, pickup an Overvolt in France (home of Lapierre Bikes) and be home by bedtime. Easy thousand pound + savings and a nice way to spend a day:)

Isn't Lapierre a Canadian company? I thought but I'm too busy to look it up right now. :)

French

"Founded in 1946 by Gaston Lapierre, and passed down over three generations, the family values are evident in the name. After Jacky, son of the founder, Gilles has taken the reins since 1996 with the same passion. in 60 years of existence and management by the Lapierre family, Cycles Lapierre has now become a reference in the cycling world. MTB leader in France, before arriving on the road in 1993, Lapierre has always pushed the boundaries of technological innovation. Constantly adapting to the evolving needs of cyclists and responding to their requests."

Accell Group

Last edited:
Back