I love my Radrover but......

I now have over 750 miles on my Radrover and am very happy with it. However, I would like the handlebars to be a couple of inches higher. I went to my LBS and was told that there was not enough slack in the wires to put spacers in and raise the handlebars. I am now considering the Ergon GP5 handlebar grips which will allow me to raise my hands a little higher on the bike. The factory Radrover grips are 5 inches on the left (which I assume is standard) and only 4 inches on the right to accommodate the throttle. If I get the Ergon GP5 grips can I cut an inch off the left side of the right grip and still make it work? Any other good ideas?

First, they aren't going to do it for free, but any decent shop should be able to extend the wires and install new cables as required to allow you raised handlebars. This is a job even a patient DIY'er can do! There is no rocket science involved here. Just time, and time in a bike shop may not come cheap.

Second, I would think cutting an inch from the RH grip would not get anyone in trouble.

I doubt that a decent shop knows how to extend wires, but hope they can do the mchanical cables - two brake cables, and one shifter cable.

Would this electrical cable fit a Rad? Is it any longer? It's 1.4 meter

I doubt that a decent shop knows how to extend wires, but hope they can do the mchanical cables - two brake cables, and one shifter cable.

Would this electrical cable fit a Rad? Is it any longer? It's 1.4 meter

Harry, I was thinking anyone capable of working on an e-bike would also be capable of splicing in a section of wire to extend it. As mentioned, labor intensive, but not rocket science.

High Plains Drifter,

Regarding your question about the Ergon grips, and cutting the right grip, there's no need. Just order the Nexus/Rohloff version of the Ergon grips. The right grip is a shorter length to accommodate the grip shifter of the Nexus/Rohloff, and should work well with the right throttle on your Rover.

High Plains Drifter,

Regarding your question about the Ergon grips, and cutting the right grip, there's no need. Just order the Nexus/Rohloff version of the Ergon grips. The right grip is a shorter length to accommodate the grip shifter of the Nexus/Rohloff, and should work well with the right throttle on your Rover.

Back