I just bought a Smartmotion Pacer and recently have had problems with battery turning on when mount.

Toddg

I recently bought a Smartmotion Pacer and am having problems with battery not turning on when mounted to bike. Any one seen this issue?

Hi Todd,

Although we don't carry Smartmotion, we recently received one that we assembled for a customer. Upon receipt, the bike was not powering on. I took the battery off and made sure it was fully charged. It seemed to be charging fine. The voltage was good on the battery. I'm not exactly sure what the reason was, but the battery was not properly communicating with the bike. I reached out to the seller and they replaced the battery for us. It seems like there may be some quality control issues with those bikes, but the seller handled it well. I'd reach out to whoever you purchased it from and seek support from them. If there is anything I can help with let me know. Best of luck!

Kind regards,

Kyle

@Toddg, you posted the same issue in 3 forums and Chris Head did reply; don't know if you saw the post yet.

"Please give us a call to trouble shoot the issue. 702 444 7474 ask for Mitch or Dan"
Please give us an update, we're all here to help :)

I recently bought a Smartmotion Pacer and am having problems with battery not turning on when mounted to bike. Any one seen this issue?
Todd,

There were a few early batteries that needed to be updated. I will tell you that the new battery shipped to you has been updated and that you will not have this problem again. (We had this issue on one of our demo units.)

What I really wanted to say is that we take select models to trick out on our demo truck (we are a mobile showroom) and have selected the Pacer for upgrading. We installed Schwalbe Big Ben tires, an upgraded XT shifter and clutch derailleur, a SpurCycle Bell, a Light and Motion GoPro handlebar mount with a TAZ 1500 and a pair of notebook panniers from Ortlieb. This bike gets a LOT of attention from our demo riders especially for the integrated frame lighting. I have taken the Pacer for some night time riding and I have to say this is my favorite night time eBike.

We hope you enjoy your new ride and want you to know that the US Distributor is known for excellent service and responsiveness.

Hi Todd,

Although we don't carry Smartmotion, we recently received one that we assembled for a customer. Upon receipt, the bike was not powering on. I took the battery off and made sure it was fully charged. It seemed to be charging fine. The voltage was good on the battery. I'm not exactly sure what the reason was, but the battery was not properly communicating with the bike. I reached out to the seller and they replaced the battery for us. It seems like there may be some quality control issues with those bikes, but the seller handled it well. I'd reach out to whoever you purchased it from and seek support from them. If there is anything I can help with let me know. Best of luck!

Kind regards,

Kyle
Kyle,

My mechanics, like most of them, are very vocal about which bikes they consider to be well-built. My team likes the manufacturing quality that goes into these bikes and even consider stuff like the quality of the frame welds to be as good if not better than some $7-$10K bikes we carry. We also like little touches like the quality and readability of the display and the fact that you can switch between cadence and torque sensing. We also like the amount of performance and quality delivered for the dollar. I do not work for them and am just a West Coast dealer but I would not hesitate in recommending this product line for the price.

I've had the same issue with my Pacer. Battery wasn't powering on and off when mounted and the throttle and/or PAS would cut out while riding. Lectric Cycles just sent me a new battery without question. I do really love the bike and Lectric Cycles is awesome, but I am concerned that the problem might continue with the new battery. Wondering how everything is working with your new battery?

Thanks

I've had the same issue with my Pacer. Battery wasn't powering on and off when mounted and the throttle and/or PAS would cut out while riding. Lectric Cycles just sent me a new battery without question. I do really love the bike and Lectric Cycles is awesome, but I am concerned that the problem might continue with the new battery. Wondering how everything is working with your new battery?

Thanks
We are a dealer for SmartMotion. We had the a BMS issue with one Pacer battery, but since then we have never seen the problem again and we have sold a ton of them. You should be good to go for a long time.

We are a dealer for SmartMotion. We had the a BMS issue with one Pacer battery, but since then we have never seen the problem again and we have sold a ton of them. You should be good to go for a long time.
That's great to hear! Other than this (hopefully) battery issue, I do love the bike and highly recommend.

Back