I did it again! Sport and Flow on order....

I did consider the idea of another Ultra. Then I considered the BBSHD powered bikes for their "quietness", but there's not much available there in the way of a "city" bike. There is no way I'll go with another fatty. Lesson learned there....

1. This bike is more of a flat lander bike. I really don't need the mountain climbing torque available from the Ultra here (SE Mich.). In fact, surprisingly enough, the 500w Bafang geared hub has plenty of poop available, especially when fed 900-1000w for a few seconds... it gets down right sporty when fed that kind of power!

2. After spending time on both, I believe the geared hub bikes are less demanding and easier to ride.

3. The geared hubs I have (Bafang and MAC) are pretty much dead quiet. I don't miss the Ultra's inherent gear noise one bit. Silence is golden.....

And last,
4. This bike seems WAY lighter. No need for a giant battery here is one reason. -Al

I did consider the idea of another Ultra. Then I considered the BBSHD powered bikes for their "quietness", but there's not much available there in the way of a "city" bike. There is no way I'll go with another fatty. Lesson learned there....

1. This bike is more of a flat lander bike. I really don't need the mountain climbing torque available from the Ultra here (SE Mich.). In fact, surprisingly enough, the 500w Bafang geared hub has plenty of poop available, especially when fed 900-1000w for a few seconds... it gets down right sporty when fed that kind of power!

2. After spending time on both, I believe the geared hub bikes are less demanding and easier to ride.

3. The geared hubs I have (Bafang and MAC) are pretty much dead quiet. I don't miss the Ultra's inherent gear noise one bit. Silence is golden.....

And last,
4. This bike seems WAY lighter. No need for a giant battery here is one reason. -Al
Thanks!
Yeah the hills around here make me hesitant to veer away from a mid drive.

Back