I am at the starting point between these two e-bikes.

Hi friends,
I didn't solve my problems, so tomorrow I will send my CUBE Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625 2021 to the seller and he will give me my money back. Now I have to choose the same e-kike or another one.
I am considering buying the same Cube or Cannondale Tesoro Neo X2 Remixte.
This time I don't want to be wrong.

www.cube.eu

CUBE Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625 black´n´blue
https://www.cube.eu/uk/2021/e-bikes/city-tour/on-road/kathmandu-hybrid/cube-kathmandu-hybrid-pro-625-blacknblue-trapeze/

The spirit of adventure, redefined with Bosch power and Suntour air suspension

www.cube.eu

Tesoro Neo X 2 Remixte | Electric Touring Bikes | Cannondale

The Cannondale Tesoro Neo X is a sleek E-bike from the Cannondale E-Series range of e-bikes. Handles both traffic and mixed terrain with ease.

www.cannondale.com
www.cannondale.com

I can get tne Cannondale with 100 euro more than Cube.
Which of the two would you buy?
Thank you.
I am curious, you're sending back a CUBE Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625 but considering buying another. What was wrong with the first Cube, wrong size?

I always suggest test riding before buying. Minor changes in geometry can make a big difference in fit, esp as we get older...😔 Are either of these bikes in stock at a dealer near you?

In addition to the differences Stefan points out I would mention the gearing on the bikes is different enough to be worth noting. They both use a 38t front chain ring. The Cube has a 10-speed 11-46t cassette while the Tesoro has an 11-speed 11-51. The 5 tooth difference in the cassette will feel like another lower gear in the Tesoro making it better at climbing the steepest hills, if this is a concern for you.

I also see that the Cube has QR skewers both front and rear while the Tesoro uses through axles. The through axles will make a noticeable difference in now the bike handles at higher speeds. I'm comfortable riding my Vado at downhill speeds that I would never do with my earlier ebikes that had QR skewers.

BTW- I especially like the low step through frame option for the Cube. We older guys sometimes have an issue swinging over rack mounted bags that you younger fellas can still clear.

Personally I'm leaning towards the Tesoro for the stability of the through axles and the hill climbing gearing. I'd need to do a test ride to be sure!

Personally I'm leaning towards the Tesoro for the stability of the through axles and the hill climbing gearing. I'd need to do a test ride to be sure!
I think Adriano has now a hard time to make a decision...

Italy is a hilly country and your reference to gearing is very important, @Sierratim.

It is a hard choice as both bikes are equal. There is one component that cannot be really replaced later and it is the suspension fork. The one in Cube is far better. You need the air fork for ride comfort. So I vote for the Cube. You can replace the tyres later (if you wouldn't like them but the stock ones are very good) and I think you can also buy the Bosch 4 A charger later.

P.S. 10 vs 11-gear difference is minimal but maintenance parts for 10-gear drive-train (chain and cassette) are less expensive. Bosch Intuvia display is better than Purion. So Cube.
P.S.2. In every product in the world, there is always one or two annoying features that make the user dissatisfied in everyday use. I would say the fork and the display is something you would be experiencing on every single minute of your rides. So Cube.
This seems like very good counsel

@FoxAdriano: Please look to Bulls Bikes Lacuba models. Always look at the motor. If that's Brose, you will be very happy. Same motors are used in Specialized Vado's and Comos, are powerful and they are completely silent. The price range is within your budget. Unfortunately, there are so many models...

I am curious, you're sending back a CUBE Kathmandu Hybrid Pro 625 but considering buying another. What was wrong with the first Cube, wrong size?

The size was OK. Cube had those problems:
1) Broken charger cable plug: all the electric wires come out.
2) Rubber cap covering the pin is broken
3) The pedaling has a delay and doesn't pedal instantly (half pedaling empty). Is it the problem of the free wheel?
4) Front fender came off.

I always suggest test riding before buying. Minor changes in geometry can make a big difference in fit, esp as we get older...😔 Are either of these bikes in stock at a dealer near you?
I'll answer you briefly. I CANNOT try any e-bikes because there aren't. I can to order them only.
There are two dealers near me: one sell Trek, Specialized and Cannondale. The other one sells Cube. The foirst one is at 15 Km from me and the second one is in my town.

In addition to the differences Stefan points out I would mention the gearing on the bikes is different enough to be worth noting. They both use a 38t front chain ring. The Cube has a 10-speed 11-46t cassette while the Tesoro has an 11-speed 11-51. The 5 tooth difference in the cassette will feel like another lower gear in the Tesoro making it better at climbing the steepest hills, if this is a concern for you.
I will not use my e-bike as mtb (o few times ). I will use it oon the town streets and dirt, bumpy and uphill roads.
I'm looking for comfort above all.

I also see that the Cube has QR skewers both front and rear while the Tesoro uses through axles. The through axles will make a noticeable difference in now the bike handles at higher speeds. I'm comfortable riding my Vado at downhill speeds that I would never do with my earlier ebikes that had QR skewers.
I like Specialized brand, but I don't like that too big oblique rod.

BTW- I especially like the low step through frame option for the Cube. We older guys sometimes have an issue swinging over rack mounted bags that you younger fellas can still clear.
I never will mount bags on the rack. My journeys are quite short.

Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe the Cube is more comfortable due air suspension. But I can't be sure.

Please look to Bulls Bikes Lacuba models. Always look at the motor. If that's Brose, you will be very happy. Same motors are used in Specialized Vado's and Comos, are powerful and they are completely silent. The price range is within your budget. Unfortunately, there are so many models...

You are giving me a good suggestion, but I'm afraid of getting lost in the ocean of models. Again, I'm not an expert at all.

Thanks Stefan! I’d just say that the +7 and +8 share almost identical frames though not identical colors. However, the +7s does come in the silver and has the Performance Line Speed motor. Not much different in price though.

Do you think Trek Allant+ 7S is it on the same level as Cube and Cannondale? Anyway its battery is 500 wh only.

Last edited:
Do you think Trek Allant+ 7S is it on the same level as Cube and Cannondale? Anyway its battery is 500 wh only.
The S (for Speed) means it is a 45 km/h e-bike, which is a moped in the EU. Not sure if you would like to go with the S-Pedelec registration, insurance, driving license... (I have done so with my S-Pedelec Vado but that was an excellent deal).

You are giving me a good suggestion, but I'm afraid of getting lost in the ocean of models. Again, I'm not an expert at all.
I can tell you big part of Bulls bikes have sold out. An interesting model for 3,999 EUR:

Strong points:
  • Four frame sizes available
  • Elegant design with two colours to choose
  • Massive 750 Wh battery (!!!)
  • Silent and powerful Brose mid-motor
  • Air suspension fork
  • Decent components, comparable to what you find in Cube and Cannondale
When you are in the page I've shown, click Find Dealers. It is not a small number of them in Italy.

The BULLS Lacuba EVO 10 is very nice. I like it, but it seems a citybike. I don't know if it is indestructible like mtb.

Yes, in Europe the e-bike have to run max 25Km for hour. I didn't even know that if I buy this e-bike, then I have to buy insurance. It seems incredible.

EDIT: It is impossible to buy Bull. I have to travel 55 km to buy it and for assistance.

Last edited:
The BULLS Lacuba EVO 10 is very nice. I like it, but it seems a citybike. I don't know if it is indestructible like mtb.

Yes, in Europe the e-bike have to run max 25Km for hour. I didn't even know that if I buy this e-bike, then I have to buy insurance. It seems incredible.
Let me explain it briefly: Yes, you can have a 45 km/h S-Pedelec in Europe but it makes that class of e-bikes treated as a moped (electric scooter) with all consequences of that. Since my S-Pedelec is only one of three e-bikes I own, it fits my needs of a fast commuter e-bike. (The 25 km/h e-bike is just a bike in Europe).

Well. Neither Cube nor Tesero are e-MTBs. There's Bulls Iconic which meets your criteria (mudguards, rack, good suspension fork, MTB capable, your budget) is sold out. Perhaps it is good to wait for 2021 models?

If it where me, I probably go with the Cannondale based on looks.

Do you mean you prefer Cannondale about aesthetics? Do you like that "Alpine" color?
To be honest, I'd buy Cannondale just for that colour. ;) But I'm looking for comfort above all and I understand that the Cube is more comfortable.

Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe the Cube is more comfortable due air suspension. But I can't be sure.
The air shocks will give a smoother ride on rougher roads. The QR wheel skewers will allow vibration that will make the handling more uncomfortable at higher speeds.

There are trade offs between these bikes. Which is best for you? Depends on your local terrain and personal riding style. The Cube will be more comfortable on rougher less steep rides. The Tosoro would be better for higher speed riding and on steeper routes. This is more how I ride so I'd choose the Toroso, but this may not be how you ride.

Last edited:
The air shocks will give a smoother ride on rougher roads. The QR wheel skewers will allow vibration that will make the handling more uncomfortable at higher speeds.

It should be as you say, but I'm afraid that what you rightly wrote is only true in theory. These e-bikes don't have any great value air fork so I'm afraid what you say would be more in theory than in practice. Maybe I'm wrong. Infact Stefan told air fork is more confortable because he replaced the spring fork with air fork on his e-bike. Sure, but I don't know if he bought a more expensive and newer fork than that older spring fork. The ideal would be to hear the opinion of someone who has tried both, both the Cube and the Cannondale.

Last edited:
Back