Hydra Video.

Ahh, thanks for the input.

I'm going to watch Acme's videos again. He was ripping up those hills. Right now there are hills I just can't do on the trails I frequent.
Same. This is why I've been wanting to see a video and Acme answered some of my questions.

Most of the writing is done in eco 2. Anything over that is drawing a lot of amps. If you try to go and eco 3 or 4 on a steeper hill at a lower RPM it overloads the battery and turns off. The upper assistance levels are really for flat paved area. i’m going to help reprogram to something that is about half of level one then level one then between one and two and then level two and then between two and three. For my eco 1-5

Most of the writing is done in eco 2. Anything over that is drawing a lot of amps. If you try to go and eco 3 or 4 on a steeper hill at a lower RPM it overloads the battery and turns off. The upper assistance levels are really for flat paved area. i’m going to help reprogram to something that is about half of level one then level one then between one and two and then level two and then between two and three. For my eco 1-5
Are you running the stock Nobby Nics and if so at what tire pressure?

I like Nobby Nics. They are reasonably light and great traction . I am not sure what the pressure is but I ride a little on asphalt So I leave it a little high

I like Nobby Nics. They are reasonably light and great traction . I am not sure what the pressure is but I ride a little on asphalt So I leave it a little high
That right there is your traction problem. Run those tires at no more than 20 psi (maybe a tad less) and you will not be spinning out in the loose stuff. JMO :)

The Hydra is so impressive
Your ride fantastic

Damn, After watching that I’m thinking about swapping out my Helios order and getting one of these this year
Even if there are few trails in the New Orleans general area.

Looking to move out west in a few years

I just received my 1UP invite to buy their bike rack so getting things in order

Why do you need an invite to buy that rack? It was recommended for the UC also which I have

The 1UP is not taking direct orders
you sign up
then you get an invite to order from 1UP that unlocks an online purchase
as they are getting closer to delivery 4-5 weeks out with standard shipping

thx for the info! I will check into this now, bikes are 4 weeks out currently.

That odd, the controller should be limited to not overdraw the BMS. I thought the BMS on the Hydra was 57 amps for 2300w max and the controller should not attempt to draw more than that. Don't want to have to worry about that stuff while going up a hill, would rather have it limit power than shut down battery like that. Wonder if Pushkar has any input on that behavior?

If you try to go and eco 3 or 4 on a steeper hill at a lower RPM it overloads the battery and turns off.
Do you recall the battery voltage before this happened? It may have sagged into the low voltage cutoff. It would be nice if the BMS ignored short sags below the cutoff.

The 1UP is not taking direct orders
you sign up
then you get an invite to order from 1UP that unlocks an online purchase
as they are getting closer to delivery 4-5 weeks out with standard shipping

Same basic situation with this company but anyone looking at One up may want to have checked Quikrstuff out. Quikrstuff is being put out by inventor/developer of OneUp. They have a video demonstrating it and showing upgraded parts.

i beliece this happened to me on the last ride. In power level 3 or 4 couldn’t get more than 500 or 600 watts but the throttle still ran to 1100. I think it was up a hill or I would not have been in the power mode. Seemed to clear up and run normal afterwards?..I do remember the battery above 50%

has anyone spoke to Pushkar about this? I haven’t heard of this being a feature i paid extra for :)

Interesting. Can @opimax and @Acme please try to reproduce it? If you do hit that, please note the %battery left (or voltage) and the kind of terrain you are on.

Note that batteries are different in both cases so doesn’t appear to be a battery issue in both cases prima facie.

The Hydra is so impressive
Your ride fantastic

Damn, After watching that I’m thinking about swapping out my Helios order and getting one of these this year
Even if there are few trails in the New Orleans general area.

Looking to move out west in a few years

I just received my 1UP invite to buy their bike rack so getting things in order
I love my 1up rack. The only issue is the offset is not enough for the handle bars and I have to put a pad against the rear window on my Metris van. I have ordered an add on and will just not use the closest mount.

When my bike shut off in echo 3 I was going up a 12°? Dirt road in a higher gear and lower rpm peddling hard. it made sense to me that it might shut off as that was a lot of load. I was around 70% battery. I’m definitely going to reset the power levels echo three it’s like flying. for dirt roads

@pushkar , heavy quick shower today while out , bike did fine , I wiped the bike down when I got home…did not get a chance to attempt at recreating issue since I came in early and soaked, no real hills to test on this part of the ride.

any special part need be wiped or to stay away from?

Back