Hydra Video.

Acme

I made a short video today I have some others I will try to post To YouTube. This is just an IPhone mounted handlebars on the rear bike. Next time we are going to use a drone so it should come out better. let me know if the link doesn’t work

I've got to get my Hydra options nailed down tomorrow and get mine ordered Tuesday. I saved a place in line by starting the payment process but haven't finished it out.

Hydra: Kindernay, 2300w, derestricted, black Cerakote?, wanted Dominion A4 brakes(apparently not an option now), 27.5x3 tires on alum rims, not at all sure about fork and rear shocks - then everything else can be pretty much stock option. Oh, probably get an extra battery now.

Hydra: Kindernay, 2300w, derestricted, black Cerakote?, wanted Dominion A4 brakes(apparently not an option now), 27.5x3 tires on alum rims, not at all sure about fork and rear shocks - then everything else can be pretty much stock option. Oh, probably get an extra battery now.
Spend a little extra and get the Mezzer Pro front shock. I would not bother getting the de restricted throttle. It voids the warranty and is difficult to use unless you are going fast on pavement

I have the restricted throttle, scares me to use except at higher speeds in higher gears. The Kindernay does not have a gear indicator , hitting the throttle and a mistake in gearing = falling from bike rather than doing a full wheelie while new to bike after coming home and on the yard headed to come in after 1st or 2nd ride…ymmv, be careful other wise nice set up

Acme posted while I was typing , both agree on the throttle it looks like….

Ahh, thanks for the input.

I'm going to watch Acme's videos again. He was ripping up those hills. Right now there are hills I just can't do on the trails I frequent.

I did my ride today mostly in eco2 with eco 1 for steep loose slow climbs when 2 makes it too easy to spin the rear and eco 3 climbing out of the canyon at the end because I still had 50% battery left but it was to much for the condition of the road so I went back to eco 2. Of course it depends of your fitness level also

Wow. Going back and watching those vids for more detail and clues....I'm just amazed. That looks like the funnest form of riding to me, and in incredible country. I couldn't do that on just any bike. Certainly not on my current bike.

Thanks for taking the time to make and share those videos.

We still have rattlesnakes here but they are trying to avoid people if at all possible.
Yes rattle snakes are pretty much defensive in their behavior and seek to avoid people. Problems arise however due to their very effective camouflage. You have to be looking intently to see one when in brush, grass or weeds. That's why aware hunters in snake country wear those high 'snake boots'. I used to feed the birds at my place with bird feeders hung from low tree limbs about 30 feet out my back door. Went out to fill a feeder and came within 18 inches of stepping on a 4 footer. He was oddly coiled into a tight mass and had flattened himself to a lump no more than an inch thick. Had no idea they could do that. Looked just like a dried old cow pie. He was directly under the feeder where the birds spent a lot of time scratching for dropped seeds. His olfactory organs told him this was a spot frequented by birds and he was hunting them. Scared the living _____ out of me. I got the white hot flash right up my entire spine. And I was in shorts and flip flops. I don't hang bird feeders any more. 🥵

Sorry for the highjack but could not resist this one. Like I said, we don't see many these days but the few that turn up are often of this order:
Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 11.07.07 AM.png

Sorry for the highjack but could not resist this one. Like I said, we don't see many these days but the few that turn up are often of this order:
View attachment 92348
Iknow it's not on a bike, but it is on a trail. Maybe you should cross post that pic to the "weird eye-catching unusual" thread.

One more going up 15-22 degree loose fire road
WOW! I'm not sure that those videos truly captured just how loose gravelled and steep those inclines were. I have to get off my analog bike and walk it up which takes away most of the fun with MTB'ing. My cheap hardtail couldn't power up those either.

Thanks for taking some time to post! Sincerely appreciate it!

Back