Hydra screen question

Foxhound68

Region
Canada
Hey there for you hydra owners my bafang screen mount didn't come with the screws clamped down and I can't seem to find them in the boxes , I feel like leaving the clamp unscrewed isnt going to work and the screen will move around during riding. People who own a hydra did yours come with the screws for the mount attached or clamped down ?

Attachments

• 20221122_205908.jpg
    20221122_205908.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 173
Ask for a new clamp that fit correctly.
Measure the diameter of mounting point for display.
Is there a mount that will fit this handlebar diameter ? Seems this is the standard bafang screen mount and it seems pretty far from fitting , hoping someone can snap a pic of there hydra screen mount what it looks like. Also is there anyway to lower the charge in the battery without riding the bike ? I have a broken arm and can't ride right now and would like to lower the charge from 100% to store it at around 80 like reccomended

Last edited:
Mine also didn't come with screws to clamp down my display.
That's so odd , what did you do to resolve this , it definitely should have screws to clamp it down. It also doesn't seem to fit the handlebar diameter but maybe I'm mistaken ? Edit: I am not mistaken the handlebar diameter is 35mm the screen I'm reading online fits up to 31.8mm so I'm not positive what to do about this I will message WW and see what they say

Last edited:
Hey there for you hydra owners my bafang screen mount didn't come with the screws clamped down and I can't seem to find them in the boxes , I feel like leaving the clamp unscrewed isnt going to work and the screen will move around during riding. People who own a hydra did yours come with the screws for the mount attached or clamped down ?
My original display didn’t come with screws either. Couldn’t have used them anyway because the bars are for a 35mm clamp stem.

My original display didn’t come with screws either. Couldn’t have used them anyway because the bars are for a 35mm clamp stem.
Yea WW said they use friction and that allows the screen to move in the event of a crash . Do you find the screen stays put when riding ? I'd test it but I can't yet

I switch my handlebar to 31.8mm and my display stays put during my rides. Mind you, I'm old and my rides are on easy trails at moderate speeds.

I switch my handlebar to 31.8mm and my display stays put during my rides. Mind you, I'm old and my rides are on easy trails at moderate speeds.
What handlebar did you stick on ? I may try and attach some grippy tape under the screen mount so it stays put better , I quite like the 35mm bar that it came with

Mine didn't come with screws either, but I commute on my Hydra and after ~1000 miles I haven't had any problem with it moving around (including on reasonably rough trails at 20-25MPH, and also on roads riding ~39MPH). In fact, I think it's convenient since I can easily reposition it if I find the sun glaring off it into my eyes.

Mine didn't come with screws either, but I commute on my Hydra and after ~1000 miles I haven't had any problem with it moving around (including on reasonably rough trails at 20-25MPH, and also on roads riding ~39MPH). In fact, I think it's convenient since I can easily reposition it if I find the sun glaring off it into my eyes.
Yea from what I'm gauging it doesn't affect it so I'll just ride with it and see how I like it , atleast there reasoning was valid and it wasn't just a missed item !

I asked the exact same question when I recieved mine. I initially though the screws might have fallen out during shipping. But I could see that there was no way it would ever close up because of the 35mm bar.

With 500 miles or riding, I'll say the screen has stayed put. And the few times I've put the bike upside down before I got my bike repair stand, not having it tight allowed me to swing the display out of the way.

I asked the exact same question when I recieved mine. I initially though the screws might have fallen out during shipping. But I could see that there was no way it would ever close up because of the 35mm bar.

With 500 miles or riding, I'll say the screen has stayed put. And the few times I've put the bike upside down before I got my bike repair stand, not having it tight allowed me to swing the display out of the way.
I'm fine with it now that I know they aren't just missing , if it's intended that's cool , I thought the same thing they fell out and went missing somewhere lol

I'm fine with it now that I know they aren't just missing , if it's intended that's cool , I thought the same thing they fell out and went missing somewhere lol
You would think with today’s technology someone would have come up with a wireless display.

Back