Hydra in (semi)gloss black (Cerakote H109)

I know with the derailleur having problems with the larger sprocket it’s just out of adjustment. Mine was doing that the other day. Apparently the cable stretched. I’m not sure about the smaller sprockets.
Whether you order the bike at 1000 or 2300 W it’s really all about programming. if you order it 2300w then you can program it to whatever is comfortable or good for your riding style. Aggressive trail riders don’t need the 2300w in my opinion. If you want to just pedal with cadence assist and go fast then 2300 W it’s good.
just my opinion. I get mine at 2300 just so I have more options. I think I like to ride mostly at 1000 to 1500 W.

Yeah, I will adapt. I just don't want to! 😄

@Acme described a similar shutdown here. I'm naturally a high cadence rider, so I didn't think I was lugging the motor.

@J10001 sounds like he's having a different problem as his display doesn't turn off.
I have had both issues. When I first got the bike, a few times it completely shut off. I had to wait and turn the whole system back on. More recently, it has also stopped providing power but did not shut down. In this case, I wait a second or two and start pedaling again.

Your bike looks very nice. 👍
My new UC Pro is on it's way to my house on Vancouver Island. Let me know how the tuning goes, as I'll probably also have to tune mine. Unfortunately, I only have Apple products, so I plan on buying a cheap android computer during the upcoming Black Friday sale.
How much did our wonderful federal government ding you on duty?
@Deacon Blues
Let me know if that Ebike can climb Bear Mountain in Langford my Sondors really struggles at 8km/hr on full throttle, I can get up to 12Km/hr if I peddle, it is a super steep grade but I am looking for an Ebike that can handle it for my next upgrade. I just want to climb at our legal limit, which is plenty fast for me, thanks.

I don't know how fast my new UC Pro will be up hills, but I'm pretty sure it will be a rocket.
My Cannondale Topstone Lefty 3 e-gravel bike, with the Bosch gen 4 motor also plenty fast up steep hills in turbo. It' alarmingly easy to pull a wheelie in turbo. Twice I've gone right over. :p

I don't know how fast my new UC Pro will be up hills, but I'm pretty sure it will be a rocket.
My Cannondale Topstone Lefty 3 e-gravel bike, with the Bosch gen 4 motor also plenty fast up steep hills in turbo. It' alarmingly easy to pull a wheelie in turbo. Twice I've gone right over. :p
Yes but the torque difference is 85nm to 160nm which is needed for climbing, not about speed but carrying power up steep graded hills.
I saw I guy testing a German TQ motor at 120nm against Bosch Gen 4 and it crushed it climbing up hills. The difference get to the top or not at all.
Take it up the Malahat if you want to really test them. 😄

I couldn't replicate the problem on a 100% charge today. The battery was dipping down to 46V which is definitely cutoff territory. The smallest three sprockets started skipping at 30 mph uphill and a fast cadence. I can't get the chain to wrap around the smaller sprockets anymore any farther without the derailleur interfering with the largest sprocket. I don't believe this should be sold as a 2300W bike without caveats. I will be tuning it to 1000W as I should have received and be very happy.
I am interested in your experience with the motor cutting out / shutting down going forward. The complete shutdown problem that was remedied before appears to have been from too thin wire insulation that allowed electricity to jump from the internal wires to the engine casing with high current. That appears to have been fixed by Pushkar on subsequent motors so, the only explanation I have heard now is that the system shuts down due to overheating. I am trying to fully appreciate the factors here and whether something is wrong or we need to work within the parameters of the system. If it's a heat issue then it seems operating in cooler weather or the middle of winter should alleviate shutdown concerns, but I've had it happen in cooler weather. I would prefer a slightly detuned motor so it wouldn't shutdown. I am not riding on level 4 and 5 - shutdown is occurring on level 3 and makes me worried I'm stressing the bike under most load conditions, even if I'm not.

I am interested in your experience with the motor cutting out / shutting down going forward. The complete shutdown problem that was remedied before appears to have been from too thin wire insulation that allowed electricity to jump from the internal wires to the engine casing with high current. That appears to have been fixed by Pushkar on subsequent motors so, the only explanation I have heard now is that the system shuts down due to overheating. I am trying to fully appreciate the factors here and whether something is wrong or we need to work within the parameters of the system. If it's a heat issue then it seems operating in cooler weather or the middle of winter should alleviate shutdown concerns, but I've had it happen in cooler weather. I would prefer a slightly detuned motor so it wouldn't shutdown. I am not riding on level 4 and 5 - shutdown is occurring on level 3 and makes me worried I'm stressing the bike under most load conditions, even if I'm not.
I was definitely overloading the battery causing the display to turn off.

Comments retracted based on information presented in following posts:
This would only get worse in cold weather as battery performance is diminished. I'm looking at the Samsung 35E discharge curves and tuning to 1300W (25A) should avoid display shutdown throughout the entire battery range.

The battery can only sustain 2300W at full charge. At that level, I was damaging my smallest sprocket anyway

I don't know what is happening with your motor taking a break but the display remaining on. I am not experiencing that.

Last edited:
Some BMS settings of interest pertaining to shutdown.
Screenshot_20211025-204528~2.jpg

Screenshot_20211025-204648~2.jpg

Also of interest, this BMS tracks remaining amp-hours. This would be very nice to bring out to a future display as a huge improvement over the voltage based gauge.

Found my reason for both shutdowns. Wasn't under voltage after all.
Screenshot_20211025-205958~2.jpg

So the question remains: Why is the motor controller configured to draw more current than the BMS allows?

Last edited:
The battery capability changes with state of charge so they are hard to match. To be honest I think Pushkar should ship these with much lower power settings and let buyers adjust it up to preference.

To be honest I think Pushkar should ship these with much lower power settings and let buyers adjust it up to preference.
I agree. That looks to be the business model going forward.

Wow, how did you find/know about that?

So many of you could build bikes or subsystems of bikes - I just ride em. :)

Back