Hydra First Impressions

For those asking for a top speed run on the bike with 4.8 inch wide tires I will prob never do it soon. But, for those who are curious since I can now throttle the bike gently while changing gears here's here's top speed I got under ideal conditions was 46.1 MPH on 61% battery. The bikes rear was lifted off the floor and I used the throttle only on sports mode 5. Keep in mind voltage dictates top speed with gearing and wattage only helps with acceleration. My thumb throttle has been set at 1000.

20210609_205353.jpg

Yes the hall sensor sounds very impressive. Could you please post the specs and/or where we can purchase.
‘thank you
Gary

For those asking for a top speed run on the bike with 4.8 inch wide tires I will prob never do it soon. But, for those who are curious since I can now throttle the bike gently while changing gears here's here's top speed I got under ideal conditions was 46.1 MPH on 61% battery. The bikes rear was lifted off the floor and I used the throttle only on sports mode 5. Keep in mind voltage dictates top speed with gearing and wattage only helps with acceleration. My thumb throttle has been set at 1000.

View attachment 89998
Unfortunately you won’t get that speed in real world conditions.

@scout592 There should be throttles offered when pressed that gives you the speed you want. Instead of an all or nothing or having to gently feather the throttle between limited ranges (not ideal in bumpy terrain).

Though finding the right throttle is hard and something Pushkar would have to buy a bunch and see. Not to mention I feel most thumb throttle options are all the same quality.

Something like this. The issue with a pressure-sensitive throttle on handlebars is you're probably not going to get accurate power if it's bumpy but it also comes down to what you use the throttle for. If you're using it to give a temporary boost then the current version probably makes sense because to get the boost you want with this you have to scroll higher, but maybe there's a way to program.

Something like this. The issue with a pressure-sensitive throttle on handlebars is you're probably not going to get accurate power if it's bumpy but it also comes down to what you use the throttle for. If you're using it to give a temporary boost then the current version probably makes sense because to get the boost you want with this you have to scroll higher, but maybe there's a way to program.

That's pretty cool! That needs to be looked into for ebikes.

I would hope if there is a better throttle out there a “super bike” would have it. I am not much of a throttle user , I have one that goes to 12mph , good for starting off sometimes and limping home after breaking my leg, other wise i am pedaling. I would like it to work well as all other components on this bike do.

I would hope if there is a better throttle out there a “super bike” would have it. I am not much of a throttle user , I have one that goes to 12mph , good for starting off sometimes and limping home after breaking my leg, other wise i am pedaling. I would like it to work well as all other components on this bike do.
I agree it’s really kind of like cheating using the throttle unless you really need it for some external reason like an injury. People that use the throttle all the time are making it look like these are motorcycles and not bicycles. I just have my throttle set to 750 walks in the lower echo modes and that makes it far more controllable even with the stock throttle.

I have no opinion on throttle use , are gears cheating, are motors cheating are eye glasses cheating??? Not my concern , i don’t know their mind or body requirement , I am not the throttle police.

i do know quality when it there, poorly working throttle on top end bike is not quality... I would pay the extra $ if it were a cost ...all my opinion

Thought I would use my throttle more on my current bike but pedaling is more fun, still very useful for quickly getting across intersections from a stop and the similar situations where its difficult to get pedaling from a stand still.

I agree it’s really kind of like cheating using the throttle unless you really need it for some external reason like an injury. People that use the throttle all the time are making it look like these are motorcycles and not bicycles. I just have my throttle set to 750 walks in the lower echo modes and that makes it far more controllable even with the stock throttle.
I took the throttle off my bike

I have no opinion on throttle use , are gears cheating, are motors cheating are eye glasses cheating??? Not my concern , i don’t know their mind or body requirement , I am not the throttle police.

i do know quality when it there, poorly working throttle on top end bike is not quality... I would pay the extra $ if it were a cost ...all my opinion
Most places that allow electric bikes do not allow them with throttles, when people see people riding using a throttle they’re likely to complain which will bring unwanted attention, that is what I am referring to. Yes it is a quality bike. Is it the very best bike, no. There are several things that could make it better and a throttle is one of them. Required is just more time and effort to reinvent another slightly better part. I think Pushkar has more than he can accomplish on his plate right now. I have ordered the hall sensor and will attempt a retrofit but If soneone else would like to take some initiative I am sure everyone would appreciate it.
Gary

Thought I would use my throttle more on my current bike but pedaling is more fun, still very useful for quickly getting across intersections from a stop and the similar situations where its difficult to get pedaling from a stand still.
I demoed a Scott mountain bike with only PAS and it was fun for how smoothly assistance came on and also cut out. (They didn't have a large enough frame available.) I bought a Sondors MXS because it's what I could get now, and it feels cobby by comparison.

When I watched a youtube vid of Pushkar describing how the Innotrace (sp) controller came on with power and cut power I instantly wanted one - sounds similar in feel to the Scott bike for smoothness.

I rode today and came to stretches of fire road that my legs in the lowest gear and my 750 watt motor, even prompted by throttle, could not help me to ascend. I'm looking forward to 2300 watts and a throttle.

Back