Hydra First Impressions

My bike is on a truck somewhere running around San Antonio. Had a fright this morning trying to find the delivery location as FudEx does not show it. Finally found it on the web with yellow pages. Talked to a nice lady who told me they get bikes all the time and all should be well but probably not until tomorrow. 👍

Now FedEx tells me my tracking number is not in their system. :mad: 30 minutes being transferred between know-nothing people using $5 phone headsets I can't understand and then hung up on. :mad::mad: Called Shipbikes.com and they said don't panic all of FedEx is down. FedEx comes back up but the bike for some reason has not come off that truck and it isn't at the delivery place. I'm sure it will be OK but this FedEx experience is so typical for them. 🦧

Last edited:
You need to purchase the cable with the bike which I think is $15. You go online and register the motor. They send you a code and then you can essentially log into the motor and change its parameters on a PC.
‘How fast the power comes on, how much power in each setting, how much power goes to the throttle in each setting etc

So I rode about 9 miles on beginner and intermediate trails. Nothing too crazy but I figure I really use the bike haha. No issues going through rough terrain and small hills. I tried to go on a speed run on eco 1 on flat roads. Got about 25mph no issues.
25mph on just eco 1 wow, you tried hitting 35mph lol. So that's doable you think, on eco 2 or 3., would acutally mind testing out for me somewhere safe? Would you also mind sharing your configurations (especially suspension) when you bought this? Or is all the important ones mentioned already. Are you satisfied overall, did you have any minor issues with it out of the box, like brake pads rubbing against the rotor?

Last edited:
25mph on just eco 1 wow, you tried hitting 35mph lol. So that's doable you think, on eco 2 or 3., would acutally mind testing out for me somewhere safe? Would you also mind sharing your configurations (especially suspension) when you bought this? Or is all the important ones mentioned already. Are you satisfied overall, did you have any minor issues with it out of the box, like brake pads rubbing against the rotor?
The suspension I have not played with yet.

In terms of a negatives...
-In 1st gear sometimes I hear a clink noise. I am not sure what that is as of now.
-The throttle is pretty much 100% or nothing. The range of the throttle is not good. But, I use to have a Widewheel Pro scooter that have the same issues. I replaced the hall sensor and it was fixed. I may do it for this one.

-In 1st gear sometimes I hear a clink noise. I am not sure what that is as of now.
-The throttle is pretty much 100% or nothing. The range of the throttle is not good. But, I use to have a Widewheel Pro scooter that have the same issues. I replaced the hall sensor and it was fixed. I may do it for this one.
Ok keep me updated!

Ebike throttles are a point of interest to me. My Sondors bike thumb throttle feels crude in function and I went in search of a new higher quality thumb throttle to replace it with. I was surprised that the highest priced throttles I could find were $25 or so - cost being a crude initial litmus test I use to indicate possible quality comparisons. In short, I don't see anything better than what I have at this point.

I have learned to feather the throttle a little more smoothly than I did at first.

Will be interested to hear how things progress for you.

I’ve never found a good bottle either. the one huge benefit to the Innotrace trace controller is you can program the whites applied to the thrall in each setting. I have echo one set to 750 W which makes it much smoother and to be honest you rarely need more than 750 W unless you want to haul butt down the street.

"I’ve never found a good throttle either. The one huge benefit to the Innotrace controller is you can program the watts applied to the _______ in each setting. I have echo one set to 750 W which makes it much smoother and to be honest you rarely need more than 750 W unless you want to haul butt down the street."

I tried to clean this up for you but failed. 🤣

"I’ve never found a good throttle either. The one huge benefit to the Innotrace controller is you can program the watts applied to the _______ in each setting. I have echo one set to 750 W which makes it much smoother and to be honest you rarely need more than 750 W unless you want to haul butt down the street."

I tried to clean this up for you but failed. 🤣
My main issue with the throttle is you can press it 40% and nothing moves. Once you get 50% it moves a little. After that it's giving out 100% speed. I can gently push the throttle but that's annoying. Back in my escooter days people with the same issues were trying different throttles with minimal success. For my then widewheel pro escooter changed a hall sensor and soldered it in an exisiting thumb throttle with great sucess. So I'm going to try that.

I’m looking forward to hearing about your results with the hall sensor. That sounds very interesting I have ridden at least 4 Bafang bikes with throttles and they all perform the same which is exactly like yours

My main issue with the throttle is you can press it 40% and nothing moves. Once you get 50% it moves a little. After that it's giving out 100% speed. I can gently push the throttle but that's annoying. Back in my escooter days people with the same issues were trying different throttles with minimal success. For my then widewheel pro escooter changed a hall sensor and soldered it in an exisiting thumb throttle with great sucess. So I'm going to try that.
Yes I'll be interested in how this works out for you too. I'm going to go look up hall sensor.... :)

Edit: Oh,... well Milwaukee screwguns etc are pretty basic tools and they have very sensitive hall sensors.

Yes I'll be interested in how this works out for you too. I'm going to go look up hall sensor.... :)

Edit: Oh,... well Milwaukee screwguns etc are pretty basic tools and they have very sensitive hall sensors.
So I did the hall sensor replacement. Pain in the butt. I thought I was wiring it incorrectly. When I saw no error codes I unplugged the throttle and plugged it back in and it worked. Would have saved my a lot of headaches 😄.

Anyways, much improvement. In eco mode I press about 5 to 10 percent before it moves. In 1st gear ⚙ I can move as slow as 3mph without much effort. Range is throughout the throttle. No more all or nothing throttle.

That's great news.

The Hall Sensor is in the thumb throttle right? If I'm right, are there any high quality/smooth throttles on thearket?

That's great news.

The Hall Sensor is in the thumb throttle right? If I'm right, are there any high quality/smooth throttles on thearket?
Yup, the sensor in the throttle. I'm sure there are better quality throttles that are smother. But, I didn't want to risk that. The sensored I purchased I have tested it on a escooter before so I know it will perform well.

Back