Hydra First Impressions

Jayaznpride

Region
USA
20210526_211610.jpg

So I picked up my Hydra today from Pushkar at his shop in Massachusetts. Rode a bit around my neighborhood. Decided to give a first impressions. Keep in mind that this is my first ebike. Only options I elected was med frame, matte black color, 2300W, 4.8 fat tires, and unrestricted throttle.

First thing I noticed was the bike is big. I am 5'6" but was still able to put both feet on the ground when straddling the bike. Suspension feels good. Ride is comfortable. The torque is insane. Even on eco mode 1 the front tire lifts off the ground a bit. I rode it up a grass incline on eco 1 and it has no issues. I tried it on Sport 5 and the acceleration was crazy. I am not going to be doing a top speed run yet until I get use to the bike more.

View attachment 88671

So I picked up my Hydra today from Pushkar at his shop in Massachusetts. Rode a bit around my neighborhood. Decided to give a first impressions. Keep in mind that this is my first ebike. Only options I elected was med frame, matte black color, 2300W, 4.8 fat tires, and unrestricted throttle.

First thing I noticed was the bike is big. I am 5'6" but was still able to put both feet on the ground when straddling the bike. Suspension feels good. Ride is comfortable. The torque is insane. Even on eco mode 1 the front tire lifts off the ground a bit. I rode it up a grass incline on eco 1 and it has no issues. I tried it on Sport 5 and the acceleration was crazy. I am not going to be doing a top speed run yet until I get use to the bike more.
I never use Sport mode with my Archon motor. Just don't need it. Bike will quickly reach top speed in Eco 3 and tackle any hill as well. 👍

It depends on how the motor is programmed. If you have the cable you can go in and lower the power setting. Personally I like to have the throttle set at 750w in Eco 1 and 2 and 1000w in eco 3. It is just to sensitive for me at 2300w when you need to finesse it.

I rode over some uneven sidewalks, cracks, and off curbs. Not harsh at all. I might upgrade the seat since my butt hurts but then again I haven't ridden a bike in a bit haha 😆
Make sure you have your rear shock sag set and also not locked out. I don't know why it happens but I regularly find my shock locked out. I usually don't even notice with 3 inch tires and a Kinekt seat post but the bike is literally plush with the rear shock working correctly. Frey AM 1000.

Hoping for a Saturday evening report and some more pics .... assuming and hoping for you that it's not raining on you. 👍

Well I guess you can't have too much good luck all at one time - might get spoiled.

Reed, when you get yours you just have heat to contend with right.

(Oops, sorry for the false alarm post.)

Watching my bike's transit across half the US. It appears to be on it's third leg. I figure a notation of where it is at any given time is only recorded when it is taken off one truck at a depot ( collection and sorting station ) and loaded onto a different truck. So the box has been handled four times now. It's in Arkansas which may mean it's on the truck that will now make the final leg to San Antonio. Probably laid over for the Holiday. The delivery is supposed to conclude this Tuesday. Not sure but this process seems to involve a subcontracting outfit Pushkar uses and they actually contract with FedEx. I'm just hoping it all goes smoothly and the handlers are used to these huge boxes. My fear of freight handlers stems from my several poor experiences with freighters bringing stuff to this remote ranch location. That's why I arranged to drive the final 125 miles to the FedEx location in San Antonio myself and retrieve the bike. It's pretty hard to deal with just a truck driver if they get to you and the box looks badly damaged. Seems to me if it looks like a SNAFU .... better to be at an actual FedEx location. Praying all is well. 🙏 😶

Annnnnd .... Like most of you who just got your bikes ...heavy rain is scheduled to begin the day the bike arrives. :confused:

Last edited:
This is the same configs I'll be getting. You used the default chain right 11speed? Total was around $6000K right? You mind sharing some speed tests please. Appreciate it a lot.

It depends on how the motor is programmed. If you have the cable you can go in and lower the power setting. Personally I like to have the throttle set at 750w in Eco 1 and 2 and 1000w in eco 3. It is just to sensitive for me at 2300w when you need to finesse it.
How do you do this exactly? On the controller?

Back