Hydra Fat Bike Frame Ordered

Cuz Vinny

Ok, yeah I know I said I wasn’t going to do this but I only got the frame/motor/battery, not a complete bike. I also have a ton of fat bike parts that I can use to finish it. I was looking at getting a Sondors Rockstar but IMO they are junk compared to a Hydra. So I ordered with Pushkar today the Hydra Fat Bike frame with the 2300w Ultra motor and battery in matte black. Since I went crazy with colored parts on the first bike this one will be all black. Here’s a list of all the parts and what I’ll need to complete the build. I’m sure there are some parts I’ve missed but this is the list which is subject to change. For the suspension fork I’m looking at the Manintou Mastodon or Wren Inverted Fork.

Hydra Fat Bike Build

Parts I have:

Wheels - Sunringle Mulfut 80 w/ Hope Pro 4 Fatsno hubs

Stem - Protaper 35mm clamp

Handlebars - Protaper 35 mm clamp

Brakes - Shimano XT 4 Piston

Brake rotors - 203mm/180mm Shimano XT

Rear shock - Manitou Mara

Pedals - Crank Brothers Stamp 1

Seat - Ergon SMC

Tires - Maxxis Colossus or Snowshoe 2XL’s

Parts needed:

Drive train - cassette, derailleur, chain, shifters

Crank arms

Grips

Seatpost

Suspension Fork

A lot of these parts are take off parts from my first Hydra so the overall cost isn’t as much as you would think. Once the frame gets here I’ll update this thread. Super stoked and can’t wait to get this build started.

Ok, yeah I know I said I wasn’t going to do this but I only got the frame/motor/battery, not a complete bike. I also have a ton of fat bike parts that I can use to finish it. I was looking at getting a Sondors Rockstar but IMO they are junk compared to a Hydra. So I ordered with Pushkar today the Hydra Fat Bike frame with the 2300w Ultra motor and battery in matte black. Since I went crazy with colored parts on the first bike this one will be all black. Here’s a list of all the parts and what I’ll need to complete the build. I’m sure there are some parts I’ve missed but this is the list which is subject to change. For the suspension fork I’m looking at the Manintou Mastodon or Wren Inverted Fork.

Hydra Fat Bike Build

Parts I have:

Wheels - Sunringle Mulfut 80 w/ Hope Pro 4 Fatsno hubs

Stem - Protaper 35mm clamp

Handlebars - Protaper 35 mm clamp

Brakes - Shimano XT 4 Piston

Brake rotors - 203mm/180mm Shimano XT

Rear shock - Manitou Mara

Pedals - Crank Brothers Stamp 1

Seat - Ergon SMC

Tires - Maxxis Colossus or Snowshoe 2XL’s

Parts needed:

Drive train - cassette, derailleur, chain, shifters

Crank arms

Grips

Seatpost

Suspension Fork

A lot of these parts are take off parts from my first Hydra so the overall cost isn’t as much as you would think. Once the frame gets here I’ll update this thread. Super stoked and can’t wait to get this build started.
OMG I just came back and read this more thoroughly now that I have some weekend time. I missed that you were going to get a RockStar when you first posted this. I know that you have varied tastes in bikes but compared to your Hydra I would think it would be hard to enjoy. Plus, 83 lbs.

Last week I canceled a RS order I've had going since I first got into ebikes a few months ago. From 3k for a RS it's not that much more to get a Hydra Black. And from 4k for a Hydra Black it's really not that much more to get a Hydra. And from there I might as well get the options I really want in a 2nd Hydra or a Ti FS. Well....you know.

Back