Hydra Black buyers?

rcm_rx7

Region
USA
I put in my initial deposit for the Hydra Black two weeks ago. Today I got the email to customize my bike (as much as you can customize the black). I thought it was a bit quick, as the pre-order page said it would be 45 days to the second deposit. I was way too excited to care about that.

I opted for the Archon controller upgrade for $500. I considered the unrestricted throttle but I'll probably remove it in the end anyways, I prefer pedal assist. The only other option was size, went with the large frame. I was surprised the second deposit amount was $2250, plus the $500 for the the controller and another $250 for tax. I guess I'm all in now with $3500 out of pocket so far (not that I'm complaining, still excited).

Anybody else got a deposit or two in on this bike?

Welcome to EBR Rcm. Can't wait to here more about your bike as things progress. I'm excited for you if it's moving along quicker than planed.

Yes and as I read the messages there's a final payment due when ready to ship. I didn't see the option for a programming cable which I'd like.

I think you’ll be happy with the black. It’s 48V instead of 52V and similar spec to the base Hydra. I think the amp hour rating is the same. You definitely want to get the upgraded controller. That is the biggest reason to buy from Pushkar, he is the only shop that has it or is willing to spend the extra time to install it and do the programming. The new controller is heads and shoulders above the stock Bafang in sensitivity, smooth delivery of massive power and 20%-30%more range. In simple terms for that amount of money there’s nothing that even comes close in today’s market.

I think you’ll be happy with the black. It’s 48V instead of 52V and similar spec to the base Hydra. I think the amp hour rating is the same. You definitely want to get the upgraded controller. That is the biggest reason to buy from Pushkar, he is the only shop that has it or is willing to spend the extra time to install it and do the programming. The new controller is heads and shoulders above the stock Bafang in sensitivity, smooth delivery of massive power and 20%-30%more range. In simple terms for that amount of money there’s nothing that even comes close in today’s market.
Good to hear. My current bike is 52V, but I figured the upgraded controller would pretty much negate the voltage difference. I had no doubts about the Archon, that was one of the big selling points for me. I'll probably get a programming cable eventually as well to tune it for my purposes, although I'm sure I'll love whatever the stock settings are anyways.

I doubt I would do it anytime soon, but a 52v pack with a better BMS would be a small upgrade if I needed a new pack.

I ordered a hydra black a week or so back, does anyone know what components the bike ships with?

For example the site says SRAM 11 speed but doesn't specify what model.

I reached out to Watt Wagons and they just copy and pasted from the hydra black web page that has very little detail except for the suspension components.

Just wanted a list of what comes with it so I could plan on upgrades ect...

Welcome to EBR Lakelife.

I'm not able to answer your question but do know WW head honcho Pushkar is on vacation this week. Again welcome.

The Hydra Black is assembled completely in China when it gets here Pushkar can pull the motor and put in the Innotrace controller. Because of this he has a little control over what components go on the bike there are some specs on the website but I don’t think they are guaranteed. The other slight difference is they Hydra blacks are 48 V instead of 52v and a slightly less amp hours

I just did a forum seach by typing in Hydra Black to search bar. Looks like there may be a bit more info here. Unfortunately I have to get going soon and act like I have other responsibilities in life so I can't re-read it now.

Hoping the Hydra Black arrives soon. Ordered a Hydra Black 48v with X1 2000w controller, standard Rockshox fork and shock and unlimited throttle on 8/31. My first ebike but wanted the extra power over stock m620 or 600 bafang motors.

All,

The bikes are on the water - been there for a bit now. We will try to get those out as soon as they are here.

Back