How's the bike infrastructure where you ride?

I always feel lucky because my region of Northern Virginia has a very good system of dedicated bike paths. I live about seven miles west of Mount Vernon, and if I go not more than a quarter mile from my home riding through a suburban neighborhood, I will find myself on beautifully paved bike path which connects to the Mount Vernon Trail which is another well-paved bike path along the Potomac River. That goes for fifteen miles before connecting to another paved trail which leads to the C&O towpath, which after one-hundred and eighty-five miles connects to the GAP trail in Cumberland, Maryland, which goes to Pittsburg. Although I have never yet done it, I could go from my home to Pittsburg, almost four-hundred miles away, without traveling more than a half a mile on anything but an off-road, mostly well-surfaced, bike path.
Northern Virginia is really good for biking. I’m in Ashburn and am less than a mile from the W&OD which riding 25 miles or so southeast indirectly connects to the Mt Vernon trail. a very cycling friendly region. And the local govs are working to improve it.

Northern Virginia is really good for biking. I’m in Ashburn and am less than a mile from the W&OD which riding 25 miles or so southeast indirectly connects to the Mt Vernon trail. a very cycling friendly region. And the local govs are working to improve it.
Are e-bikes allowed on the Mt Vernon trail now? I tried to ride there 2 years ago and was asked to leave by the park police.

I not aware of any regulatory issues but I’ve ridden the trail both alone and with the E-Bike Lovers of Washington DC group several times in the past few years without incident

Back