How to start on a steep hill

How is anyone feathering their throttle? I have a restricted throttle and it’s still very jumpy. Pretty useless to use starting from a stop as in there’s no feathering to the acceleration.
Well 'feather' isn't the right word. I wish it was. I have little problem getting my bikes going with the throttle. It's sort of a bump bump kind of thing. Little bumps graduating to full on.

EDIT. I'm a shaky old man and I only have half a left thumb. I keep most contact with my stub on the throttle mount with just an edge on the throttle. This gets me 'close' to feathering.

Reed!!!!!

What do you think of as your prime riding season there?
When it's 80 deg or less but more than 50 deg. That's like a month and some odd days in the spring and this year decent fall weather finally got here today. Maybe last a bit. BUT we can get good riding weather in the depths of winter. Or not. Like everybody else ... it's off and on. Snowbirds have the right idea. North for the summer and South for the winter. Easily double or triple your number of good riding days. :)

EDIT: I tried being a snowbird in 2009. It was an adventure. Bought a huge truck bed mounted camper, a fantastic boat and went up to northern Idaho to fish. It was a memorable year but my advice would be ... don't make massive life changing decisions immediately after a divorce. 🤣 I didn't like living in the mountains. I didn't like snowbird life in general. Boating became a chore. I missed the hell out of Texas.

Last edited:
Back