How steep is your hill?

Hi Feliz. I don't know either of those bikes I'm afraid. Have you tried them? That will be the key to understanding their ability on hills. I've never heard of Achiever motors before but of course the Bafang on the Biktrix is very widely used. (Not usually upside-down, though?).

Also, get the larger battery if you can as hills obviously eat battery up like crazy, especially if you want to go fast.

Thanks Nelzea, I haven't tried either bike and there's no dealer near me. They're both 750 w motors but yes the Bafang is better known and proven. I have three eBikes now and leave them in different locations....lake, kids, etc. I'm in Canada and these are both Canadian companies so my rational is I should at least help the Canadian economy although most of the bikes we buy all come from the same factory.

Ironic that you want to buy Canadian but there's no dealer near you. What do your LBS sell?

trying to find a hilly commuter myself as well. 10 mile each way where the net elevation change is negligible but down/up/down/up 900 feet on 5-12% grade between.

5% to 12% grades are no problem for an ebike. Do you as many test rides as you can until you find a bike you are happy with!

Twelve degrees is not much even for a geared hub drive. Expect your speed to go down as the hill becomes steeper but you should be able soldier along.

What is your price goal? Are you contented with 20 mph limit or do you want it to go faster than 20 mph?

I am surrounded by hills and this example is typical having a maximum gradient of 23%. The vid is down the hill but my Bosch powered ebike will climb it without a problem, its just the vid would be 4 times as long.

We live up half a mile of 10% grade. My genZe e101 will climb it on motor only at 18 - 20 mph. That's the reason I bought an e-bike! Goes double for Ms. Zippy.

If I want to go any faster on two wheels, there are a number of motorcycles in my garage...;)

Twelve degrees is not much even for a geared hub drive. Expect your speed to go down as the hill becomes steeper but you should be able soldier along.

What is your price goal? Are you contented with 20 mph limit or do you want it to go faster than 20 mph?

I think you meant to type "Twelve percent." 12 degrees is more than double that!

Back