How many links in chain?

Aleks

Looking to get couple extra chains to start waxing them. I believe I have 11 speed XTR on my ST5 (if that matters).

It is an xtr di2. Use your current chain to get the count.

On a side note, I have been waxing my chain for more than a year now and it is one of the best decisions I have ever made.

IMG_1021.JPG
Here what my bike looks after two days of commuting. Anything I can do to help to keep driveway clean is a win.

There is no standard on number of links. It's related to frame geometry. Put a dot of red paint on a link and count. It's simple math.

You can also just put the split/master link on top in the middle between the front chainring and the rear gear cassette and just count the links in stages until you get back around to the split link. I use a pick tool to point and count and then put it between the links when I advance the chain to keep track of the pint where I start counting again. You usually get 25-30 links per section before advancing the chain.

Die Anzahl der Kettenglieder hängt von verschiedenen Faktoren ab. Sie benötigen die Länge der Kettenstrebe, die Zähnezahl des (größten) Kettenblattes und des kleinsten Ritzels sowie die Zähnezahl der Kettenrollen. Sobald Sie alle Informationen haben, können Sie die Anzahl der Glieder mit einem Kettenrechner berechnen.

Attachments

• Kettenglieder-Stromer-S-Pedlecs.jpg
    Kettenglieder-Stromer-S-Pedlecs.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 48
Back