How does the juggernaut do in snow? Any modifications?

Tim Skafidas

I got the juggernaut Hd 2019. Had a blast in anywhere from 1 inch to 6 inches of snow. Just wondering if anyone else has any experience/or suggestions for winter riding? Sound like a (homemade?) battery cover is a good idea. I managed to (almost) drain the battery in 28.5 miles with low tire pressure, wind and cold. Think the untouched snow, high level of assist, and lower tire pressure and cold all contributed to the rapid battery power decrease. Wondering how it will do on packed snowmobile trails? Any tire suggestions? It has 4.3 inch rims so seems like the max tire with is 4.0? Studded? I like in Colorado at 9,000 ft and there are many groomed and packed trails.

Attachments

• EE35A99E-45FB-4497-8EA9-F3248930ED15.jpeg
    EE35A99E-45FB-4497-8EA9-F3248930ED15.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 548
Hey Tim what battery AH were you using? If it was the 11 AH Battery 28.5 miles is really good with cold and low tire pressure. I have the 11ah and 21ah battery for my Jug Ultra. Waiting for enough snow to fly to do some riding.

You mentioned a battery cover. I was thinking the same thing some sort of neoprene type cover to insulate the battery a bit for those cold rides. I have my Tubeless Carbon Wheels and tires mounted and ready =-)

Hey Tim what battery AH were you using? If it was the 11 AH Battery 28.5 miles is really good with cold and low tire pressure. I have the 11ah and 21ah battery for my Jug Ultra. Waiting for enough snow to fly to do some riding.

You mentioned a battery cover. I was thinking the same thing some sort of neoprene type cover to insulate the battery a bit for those cold rides. I have my Tubeless Carbon Wheels and tires mounted and ready =-)
21 ah. But I was cranking up hills in the snow with high levels of assist and some throttle

I'm curious about the range in cold weather as well. I've noticed now that it's colder my range has dropped quite a bit (not unexpected)... I've also been thinking about a battery cover of some sort, but it rains a lot where I am and I want to make sure I don't create something that traps water and makes things worse. I'm contemplating a design that has a drainage hole on the bottom and then maybe just layers of some type of water proof material (neoprene plus maybe a plastic or vinyl layer on the outside?) with some thick velcro around the top and bottom to keep it on?? I dunno, I'm out of my element on this one. It'd be really interesting to hear from someone who's tried this... does range actually increase?

Haven't had to insulate my pack yet, but if I did, I'd probably use a neoprene-space blanket construction (simple, cheap, flexible). For something more rigid, light guage stainless is pretty effective, or something more up-budget like 1/16" Macor sheet (extremely insulating and impermeable by wind-chill).

Back