How does the cadence sensor work?

I cant answer for them, but it may be because it matches a majority of scenarios.
You still have the ability to change the level of assist for the situation that do not match that scenario, but if they studied it and found that in a majority of situations, when people pedal slowly it is because they are applying more pressure to reach a faster cadence, then it is worth making the the controller behave that way.

You should ask people like @BigNerd what his experience is with a bike that supposedly is using the Cadence sensor that way, and find out from him how he deals with the situations where the programming does not match the reality, and how often that is.

Okay well maybe I should rephrase the question.

Why would any manufacture program in the way that slower the cadence, more assist you get?

It really doesn't make sense to me, because cadence doesn't tell you the whole story.
I think scrambler hit it.
Think about when you ride... No matter the gear, it always gets easier to pedal the bike as the cadence increases.

I’ve explained this before but think of a non ebike with gears. When it’s harder/slower to pedal, like going up a hill, what do you do? You gear down to make it easier to pedal. That’s the same thing a true cadence sensor programmed ebike will do... increase the power to make it easier to pedal.

Back