How do I configure my Snapcycle ebike from a Class 2 to a Class 3?

Snapcycle

Region
USA

What are Class 1, 2 and 3 ebikes?

It can be confusing at first, but here’s a brief rundown:

Class 1: Max speed 20mph, pedal assist only, no throttle present. Generally allowed on paths, lanes and routes that regular bicycles are allowed on.

Class 2: Max speed 20mph, throttle present, pedal assist optional. Generally allowed on paths, lanes and routes that regular bicycles are allowed on.

Class 3: Max speed 28mph, pedal assist only, no throttle present. Generally allowed on paths, lanes and routes that regular bicycles are allowed on, except for Class 1 bike paths (bikeways that run entirely separate from motor traffic)

NOTE: These are not comprehensive descriptions of what class 1, 2 and 3 ebikes constitute, we have simply summarized it to be easily understood by all. We would still advise you to check the local rules and regulations in your area, the above specifications hold true for the state of California at the time of writing, but may be subject to changes in different states.

Snapcycle ebikes are a Class 2 and 3 hybrid. What does that mean?

Our ebikes come with both half-twist throttles and a pedal assist feature. By default, all Snapcycle ebikes are configured to Class 2 standards (max speed 20mph, throttle feature available) before being shipped out. The end user can increase the speed limit of their ebike (up to 28mph) and disable their half-twist throttle to turn their ebike into a Class 3. Not to worry, our user manuals contain clear instructions and diagrams to help you navigate your ebike’s settings.

You may refer to the link below for more information.

How do I configure my Snapcycle ebike from a Class 2 to a Class 3?​

Step 1- Double press the MENU button (M) to get into the settings menu (pressing interval should be less than 0.3 seconds)

Step 2- Short press the MENU button a total of 6 times, until you get to a screen that reads SPL (Speed Limit)

Step 3- Press the UP (+) button to raise your speed limit for pedal-assist mode to 28mph, and press the MENU button again to save the setting

Step 4- Double press the MENU button again to exit from the settings menu.

Step 5 - Disconnect the throttle connector. We would recommend you take the half-twist throttle off your handlebar, as strictly speaking, a Class-3 ebike should not have a throttle on it.

You may refer to the link below for more information.

You should submit one to the admin for review. They do a fair one here.

Back