How can I pair Garmin 530 to my Gain?

Mattiboy

Region
United Kingdom
Hi - new to forum and ebikes - I have a question that may have been covered before but would appreciate an answer so I Know exactly what to do -
I recently purchased a Gain M20i 2nd hand (only covered about 200km and in pristine condition.
I want to connect the bike to my garmin so I can easily read battery power and level etc. I’ve tried searching for sensors but dosent pick any up so I’m thinking the bike is 2019 rather than 2020 which I thought it was - the frame no is 01180088019 so I’m guessing the 19 at the end may give it away?
If this is the case can anyone tell me what I need to buy and how do I install .
Many thanks
Matt

You'd need to add this dongle to add ANT+ so your Garmin can see it, https://www.orbea.com/us-en/gear/accessories/cat/dongle-ant. It's an easy install, there's an installation link there as well and it looks easy. I have a 2020 M20i so it's already built in so can't share experience on installing it.

I also have a 530 and works well with the Gain, only thing I don't think it can do is change assistance level, the 830 with touchscreen can though.

Thanks Mike - I’ve ordered a dongle and watched a few videos now and seems a really easy install so should all be good.
I do have Di2 which is Ant+ enabled so the Garmin currently reads all the Di2 data - my levers have the hidden buttons on top of the hoods and have these programmed to page up and down on the garmin - I wonder if these could be programmed to change the assistance levels?

Yes, I also have the hood buttons controlling the Garmin, but I haven't figured out if there's any way to control the assistance levels, would be so nice if it could. Right now I have it set up to page my screens, and for long press to start/stop the timer. I have a question, what does your Garmin show for the Gain's assistance level? when I'm at lowest level, it shows a "2", for medium assistance it shows a "4", and for highest it shows a "7". I have no idea why it doesn't show 1-2-3, curious if you show the same thing.

Mattiboy, also would suggest when you install the dongle, think about some kind of light insulation to wrap the Ant+ transmitter (hopefully doesn't interfere with its transmitting) and/or the rest of the dongle because they'll likely tap against the frame when going over bumps. After getting my new bike, I kept hearing a tapping sound on the top tube when going over bumps and it bothered me every time, I removed the IWOC controller and wrapped some of its cabling and the sound went away. Just something to think about.

Anybody figure out if it's possible to configure the Di2 hood buttons to control the X35 assist levels?

You'd need to add this dongle to add ANT+ so your Garmin can see it, https://www.orbea.com/us-en/gear/accessories/cat/dongle-ant. It's an easy install, there's an installation link there as well and it looks easy. I have a 2020 M20i so it's already built in so can't share experience on installing it.

I also have a 530 and works well with the Gain, only thing I don't think it can do is change assistance level, the 830 with touchscreen can though.
Hi. I just bought a new Orbea gain m20i and a Garmin 530. When I go to sensors, search all, the 530 picks up the e-bike sensor and I select it and a tick appears in the box but then nothing happens. It’s as if a pairing request needs to be accepted? I tried pressing the power button on the gain but to no avail. At the top right of the 530 there is a dotted circle that just keeps spinning. Like the windows wait logo. Can anyone help? Regards kev

Back