How can I get a status update on an order?

KevinT

Region
USA
Hi!
I ordered a Hydra on 6/10/2022 (Order #1908) and other than the automated response provided at checkout have not been able to get any information about lead time despite multiple attempts to contact Watt Wagon directly through the email address provided on their site.

The FAQ indicates 90-120 days and also mentions 6 months lead time for some customizations. Is there a way to get an estimate of the lead time for a specific order?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
-Kevin

cc: @pushkar
1655768181156.png

• Haha
Reactions: JRA
Hey,

Everything is really crazy right now in China. They just went through a major shutdown due to covid. If you frequent reddit, you can view the craziness in the Shanghai sub-reddit. The factories are slowly starting up again, but the ports around the world are still congested. All-in-all, WW can`t really give you an exact timeline. If a certain part is missing, it could delay your bike. That in a nutshell is why you see the 90 days - 6 months gap. It is what it is right now!

Unfortunately WW has had a lot of trouble with supply chain as @Csubi mentioned. I got my bike 4 months after ordering (June 2021 to October 2021) which was lucky, just because someone else had ordered my exact specification and subsequently returned it (they had ordered a large and received a medium).

It's a blast of a bike though, worth the wait if you can stomach it!

Unfortunately WW has had a lot of trouble with supply chain as @Csubi mentioned. I got my bike 4 months after ordering (June 2021 to October 2021) which was lucky, just because someone else had ordered my exact specification and subsequently returned it (they had ordered a large and received a medium).

It's a blast of a bike though, worth the wait if you can stomach it!

You were lucky, I ordered my bike in July of 2021 and didnt get it until April 2022....There were some issues on the delivery which for the most part has been addressed but still some parts (programming cable and updated charger) that have been delayed further or at least that's the story....the bike is nice but needs to be dialed down from the power curve for my needs.

You were lucky, I ordered my bike in July of 2021 and didnt get it until April 2022....There were some issues on the delivery which for the most part has been addressed but still some parts (programming cable and updated charger) that have been delayed further or at least that's the story....the bike is nice but needs to be dialed down from the power curve for my needs.
Yeah I did get lucky, though I had some issues as well (the color is wrong, wrong fork/shock, chain slap damaged my chainstay on the first ride, high gear slipping). I've fixed the drivetrain issues by spacing out my chainring and putting a Garbaruk cage and Wolftooth goat link on my derailleur. The fork (Suntour) that shipped on my Hydra blew out after only a few rides so WW offered me a DVO D2 for half price.

Hi!
I ordered a Hydra on 6/10/2022 (Order #1908) and other than the automated response provided at checkout have not been able to get any information about lead time despite multiple attempts to contact Watt Wagon directly through the email address provided on their site.

The FAQ indicates 90-120 days and also mentions 6 months lead time for some customizations. Is there a way to get an estimate of the lead time for a specific order?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
-Kevin

cc: @pushkar
View attachment 126499
I'm sorry, my dude. Even if you manage to get updates, they'll be worthless - 95% of the commitments made by WW aren't met - especially about deadlines. I wouldn't feel that uncomfortable betting the value of your bike that you won't have it in 90 days.

Having said that, try to get Pushkar's number - based on reports I've seen here, it's the only way to get halfway timely updates.

Kinda like buying a new Toyota. If Toyota can’t deliver imagine what it’s like for what is still a small startup. Ten minutes of Google time would have revealed the potential issues.

Congrats on getting your new ride.
I noticed on your build specs the Fox 36 for 29" maxes out a 2.6" tire, a 3" Maxxis minion will work if your looking for more skin.
Getting the 29" fork gives you options that the 27.5" model doesen't
I'm running a 29" x 3" on the front and a 27'5" x 2.8" on the back.
Not a Hydra but it shouldn't matter.
Enjoy.

Back