How active were you in October?

Afren

For me, it was the worst month in over 36 months of e-Bike ownership. Here are the excuses in no particular order; absolutely dreadful but typical British weather in October, suffering from flu or something just as dreadful (not sure whether flu or not as couldn't get appointment to see GP. Never understood why others might want to copy our NHS system) and a few days of being away abroad. November is unlikely to be any better as I am away from home and I couldn't bring my e-Bike with me due to airline regulations.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191107_085959.jpg
    Screenshot_20191107_085959.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 361
My wife and I did 285 miles in October, and we have 2434 for the whole year. All recreational riding. Did 22 yesterday, but it was barely 50F. Pretty much in shutdown mode til next Spring.

For me, it was the worst month in over 36 months of e-Bike ownership. Here are the excuses in no particular order; absolutely dreadful but typical British weather in October, suffering from flu or something just as dreadful (not sure whether flu or not as couldn't get appointment to see GP. Never understood why others might want to copy our NHS system) and a few days of being away abroad. November is unlikely to be any better as I am away from home and I couldn't bring my e-Bike with me due to airline regulations.

It’s OK, Alfren. All ebike miles are great!

October started the short day and cold rainy season. I can deal with the cold thanks to some excellent @Alaskan advice but the short days really complicate my riding. Still October was decent and better than last year so I’m not complaining. (Much)

574 miles 23 rides

Last edited:
Pretty good month. I think I got to commute almost every workday. 40 rides total for 715 miles. Approaching 11k total on this bike.

Ignore the top speed. I need to edit one ride where the GPS signal was bad for a couple of minutes. The track jumped a couple of times and produced this unreal speed.

A few miles shy of 400 on 10 days commuting plus weekend errands. Most miles were on the R&M Charger GX at about 140. Followed by the Tern GSD at about 115. Disappointingly only about 30 miles on the regular bike.

My wife had a headache for a lot of the month so we weren't very active. It was just me and this great fetish websi........oh, that's not what you meant? 😜😜😜

685 of the 2014 miles I did (so far) in 2019 were in October. It was my best single month of the year. I credit the excellent fall weather we had here in the northeast.

Terrible month for me … only got 3 short rides in before the weather turned cold. I have now put the bikes away until spring 😞

AlanDB,
I feel your pain! Although I had some great miles in the first part of Oct, we are now having January temps here in the upper Midwest!! Brrrr! Haven't "stored" the bikes yet but they are patiently sitting in the garage. The batteries are at 50% charge, just in case it stays cold and the season is really over. :(😞

Sadly Marci Jo, I lost the "warm days" in early October to almost non-ending rain showers … constant rain, then cold, then snow. I haven't even been able to clean up the leaves in my yard as many of them are still hanging on the trees.

Cold in Minnesota, but road everyday. Somedays between rain storms, Or in rain gear. It’s snowmachine gear from here on out. 25F and just 12 miles yesterday. Dry streets are doable until it drops below 20F. Although today it was 18F and I did a 7 mile RT store run. Brisk. Out comes the snow board helmet and balaclava with ski goggles. Brrrrrrrr.

so far experimental wind screens are a bust.

Back