Hollywood Racks Sport Rider ebike Hitch Rack

Luv2Rad224

Region
USA

The Hollywood Racks Sport Rider Ebike Hitch Rack states on its production specification that a 1.5” to 2” hitch adapter should not be used. Curious if anyone has done this??​

Taylor 57 has tried this and it didn’t work. It wasn’t a Hollywood rack but very similar.

Here is the link thread Post #19

Last edited:
1.25" receivers have a capacity of 200 lbs. The rack you're talking about weighs 58 lbs. and can carry two 80 lb. bikes, for a total of 218 lbs. Putting a 2" adapter in doesn't help the math, in fact, it makes it worse by pushing the rack and bikes further back, creating a longer arm to for all that weight to bounce up and down on.

People do things and even get away with them for a long time. Until they don't. If you were to do this and the rack broke, sending bikes all over the road causing an accident, you might think you could sue Hollywood, but you'd be the one on the hook for any liability.

TT

I have been looking for a Hollywood e-bike carrier and they seem to be out of stock everywhere, until October. This Curt rack is very similar in design and price. Anyone have any experience with it?

I purchased the 2021 model (model 1500) for fat tire electric bikes online about 4 weeks ago from a bike shop in CA. They had 3 on hand when I bought mine. Had it in 4 days. I had been looking for about a month and everybody was out of stock and had to be backordered. I kept looking and looking and finally found a company that actually had a couple in stock. They did say if I wanted one to order it quick as they sell out fast. Keep looking you might find one before October. electricbikecompany in CA.

Last edited:
I purchased the 2021 model (model 1500) for fat tire electric bikes online about 4 weeks ago from a bike shop in CA. They had 3 on hand when I bought mine. Had it in 4 days. I had been looking for about a month and everybody was out of stock and had to be backordered. I kept looking and looking and finally found a company that actually had a couple in stock. They did say if I wanted one to order it quick as they sell out fast. Keep looking you might find one before October. electricbikecompany in CA.
Thanks, and good advice! I did a Google Shopping search every day and just found the 1UP rack I wanted. Should be here in a couple of days, if FedEx can sort out their shite - their tracking said it was due to be delivered here in Santa Monica yesterday, and also said it had just been picked up in North Carolina. I had no idea they had a fleet of hypersonic cargo planes... 😸

Back