Himiway Bike arrived Defective

Jhabra

Hey everyone, happy to be on this forum and get some assistance and direction. After 7 long weeks we finally received our Himiway cruiser bike last night. I assembled it in about 40 minutes. Pretty straightforward but was missing a few bolts and parts. The biggest issue is that immediately we had an error 24. I looked it up and disconnected and reconnected the motor wire. Tried to disconnect and reconnect other wires as well. Then I started getting an error 30 message which is a communications message. So I went through the same troubleshooting with the wire connections. It seems that some of the connectors are broken or the pins are not aligning. Definitely defective and was not tested before shipping.
So I have messaged Himiway. Hopefully they immediately ship a new bike and set up a return for this one. Has anyone had such a bad start to theIr Himiway experience?

I want nothing more than to enjoy this amazing bike as long as it works. I fear I will have to at least wait until they ship a new one because this one came with so many issues. Hopefully Himiway does a good job on customer service and takes care of this problem promptly. Any advice or direction is appreciated.

I just received word that they are sending a new bike and shipping label for the defective one. Hoping to receive both soon. Will keep all posted.

I thought I made that clear in the original post. The connectors are indeed broken. There’s one that has a completely broken off pin and another that has two that are bent so far back that I think if I bend it back it’ll snap it off. Why did it come this way? Not to mention the fact that the motor connector was always plugged in perfect and it still gave me an error 24. There was just some issues with this bike. Having said that, I am confident it was just bad luck. Hoping for the best.

I think in the future one of the disclosures should be, your ebike might show up with defective parts and require repairs. I’m sure there are manufactures including this one that will stand by delivering a product that actually works out of the box. That’s a very reasonable expectation.

Last edited:
Why is Jhabvala being hammered here ? He is being called a liar. He is getting a replacement bike supplied by the manufacturer which was acceptable to both him and the company. He posted his experience in a positive manner. Many bikes are damaged in shipping some possibly not put together properly to begin with, he isn’t the first to experience difficulties with similar circumstances....I don’t see this. I am impressed they are going to replace his bike , it makes me want to do business with companies which take care of their customers like this.

Has your issue been resolved? I received a cruiser yesterday and am getting an Error 30. I've contacted them, but waiting to hear back. So frustrating as I'm in WI and my riding days are limited ☹️

Yes that’s correct. Everything is working fine now. I fix a few things on my own and took it to the bike shop to help me with something I couldn’t figure out. Himiway has actually been pretty good about everything. I think you just have to be prepared to deal with issues. These are not bikes that are quality controlled and I’m sure that their demand is so high that they are cranking them out of the factory with bugs on occasion.

Last edited:
Great ride yesterday to the Little Red Lighthouse in New York City. Peddled all the way with battery assist in low voltage which I adjusted down in the controller menu. Complete distance was about 25 miles and battery still read full at end of day. So far great bike lots of info on the internet on how to change settings on the controller and how to adjust and or replace other parts. Great bike for older people looking for a little help getting up the hills. Lots of questions from all ages on where did I get it and how can they get one. To be fair, not a bike to order if you are not the kind to get your hands dirty adjusting, fixing and maybe adding things. For me it worked out fine even thought the box arrived damaged. I was able to inspect and adjust components that were slightly out of alignment.

Attachments

• Himi and Red Lighthouse.jpg
    Himi and Red Lighthouse.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 285
I am having the same issue. I have a Himiway cruiser, was riding it in the snow last weekend up a small hill in the snow...the bike stopped accelerating up the hill and the rear wheel stopped spinning then the bike came to a stop and the rear hub motor started making a grinding noise. I received an error code 24, disconnected the rear wire that connects to the hub motor and reconnected with no luck.

I am currently taking apart the motor. Called a local e-bike shop and he said this BaFang motor has planetary plastic gears. Took everything apart and the gears are fine. I am now trying to test the hall sensor with a multi-meter. One of the 3 small resistors? Are disconnected. Will try soldering this, test and will send an update. Hope I don’t have to replace the entire motor.

Also, I am the long lost CEO of Himiway (I’m not), but my picture used to be on their website and I worked with them in Shanghai when I lived there. Have since come back to the US because of Covid.
25D3642C-2A49-41AF-BEC2-3E1283D7E212.jpeg
5ECD3D08-8550-45A1-84C8-377BAE482EEF.jpeg
40773E9D-D948-4609-BC85-C3FB1BE1729C.jpeg
1253525F-01D9-4767-88CE-430EB98C401B.jpeg

Yep, I fried the motor. As you can see in the pictures, the wires should be copper colored, not black. Oh that burned motor smell though.

One guy spent $1000 on an upgraded battery. The display said it had a range of 225 miles. It was so heavy that it died during a 20-mile ride into a head wind. The battery is a dud and the motor is half-fried.

Sorry to hear! How many miles were you at?
I was at around 900-1000 miles. Himiway did end up sending me another motor, it wouldn’t fit but they did send another one and it is working now. I did all of the repairs myself, local bike shop wouldn’t touch it.

I was at around 900-1000 miles. Himiway did end up sending me another motor, it wouldn’t fit but they did send another one and it is working now. I did all of the repairs myself, local bike shop wouldn’t touch it.
Wow! Great! I found my connector loose between the motor and controller. This could have possibly caused a shortage. Do you know where we can purchase these motors with this Mutual connectors or are they only available for purchase through Himiway?

Wow! Great! I found my connector loose between the motor and controller. This could have possibly caused a shortage. Do you know where we can purchase these motors with this Mutual connectors or are they only available for purchase through Himiway?
I was told by a Himiway employee that they actually manufacture their own motors. It is nearly identical to the Ba Fang 48V hub motors. If you complain enough they should help out with sending another motor! 😂

Ok! Great! That's good to know. I only had to tighten a loose connector. Everything else seems to be good with my Cruiser.

Say what?
So Himiway is NOT powered by Bafang?
It's powered by Himiway? Is that what they said?
Yes, one of the employees told me that they manufacture their own motors. But again I found a Bafang 48V hub motor that is virtually identical to theirs.

Back