Himiway Battery

Does this battery and enclosure need to be installed on the Himiway iteself to be charged?

It would be great if the charger could be plugged into a wall socket and this battery with enclosure sitting on top of my work bench. I can then take the fully charged battery with me when going on longer rides where I may want to swap out the discharged original battery with the fully charged 52V for the ride home.

Thanks.

@Timpo - Let's say I want to charge the existing Himiway 48V battery in it's enclosure mounted on the bike plugged into it's charger -AND AT THE SAME TIME - I want to charge the Reention 52V battery in it's enclosure sitting on a workbench plugged into it's charger. Is there any issue with having the Reention Battery/Charger not mounted on the bike (and hooked up to all of the other Himiway components)?

I just noticed that your question sounded like you might be under the impression that need a different battery cradle for 52V battery.
This is not the case, they're both Reention Kirin (same battery case).
That's exactly what I had thought, too! I appreciate your responses and knowledge... what a great assist to have around!! 👍🏻

If you're asking for my personal opinion, it's fine.
I can only refer back to the previous page's EBikeSchool.com YouTube channel. (By Micah Toll)
It's up to you to decide.

Generally, ebike companies do not recommend aftermarket upgrades.
When I tried to upgrade the brake to full hydraulic, they won't recommend it, which is a strange part because brake upgrades are common in non-ebike MTB world.

However, Juiced for example, said that their 48V controller is fine with 52V batteries. (If I remember correctly, even older 48V models even before Juiced started offering 52V)
In addition, Bolton and Electro Bike World both offer 48V controller, and they both offer 52V battery for that controller. Bolton said 52V is fine with 48V controller.

Who makes Himiway's controller?

Looks like there's someone who used 36V controller with 52V battery, yeah, the controller died.
Thanks, Timpo!

I contacted Himiway and asked what controller they used. They didn't give a brand or part number, but did send along the specs-

"Controller 20" 12MOSS tube 48V/750W brushless with Hall Hall Undervoltage: 41V Current limit: 22A matching 20" SOFW-X20 with KDY-51C meter 5S communication protocol 0-5 gear 4KM/H to implement power-assisted function"

I assume by MOSS tube they mean moss fet.

When the bike does come I'll open the controller and check the capacitor rating.

I didn't change any settings. Yes it did come with the needed charger.
Hey Petoz,

I have an Himiway escape coming next month. Can you give an update? Still no problems using a fully charged 52V battery in the Himiway escape?

Thanks!

From the AliExpress pictures, it looks like the battery also comes with the cradle. Could you let me know if that's the case? Also, one of the pictures actually shows what appears to be a Himiway Cruiser and this battery! If I'm right, this should definitely work. And, even if someone isn't looking to upgrade to 52V and just wants a replacement 48V 17.5Ah battery, they sell those for over $200 less than Himiway does (though it says they use Korean cells instead of Samsung).
Samsung cells are Korean.

Back