Hi there! Here's my first post! Herts, UK - Bike: Cyrusher XF800!

NBK_Rebel_87

Region
United Kingdom
City
Watford
Hi, there!

I've been looking at posts on this forum over the past few months when I've had issues with my E-Bike and found some answers etc.
Thought I would finally join to chat to other E-Bike enthusiasts to ask questions, get advice, source bike parts etc.

I ride a Cyrusher XF800 Fat E-Bike!

750w Bafang Motor
48v 13ah Battery

I've had my bike just over a year, mostly used last summer and part of this summer. Got good and bad things to say about it so will be cool chatting with other E-Bike owners, especially Cyrusher owners as their customer service is terrible.

If someone could advise me where to make a post about Bafang Motor errors, sourcing extension cables etc that would be great! Would love to share the issues I have had with my bike and hear some technical advise.

(As a newbie sorry if this is in the wrong section)
I currently installed a new Bafang 750w motor due to an '03 info' error in the original one which only had around 500 miles on it! . Installed the new motor easily thanks to CitizenCyclist's video on youtube but when I went to plug the motor cable in I realised it was 50mm short and doesn't reach! The original 750w Bafang motor's cable was 300mm so I assumed they all were that length when purchasing the new motor. An expensive mistake.

Is there any UK E-Biker's experienced with Bafang 750 Motors and sourcing cables, spares, repairs and refurbs?

I did order an Extension Cable from Electrobikeworld.com on the 7th July but it still hasn't even left the origin country so I'm thinking about requesting my money back. Problem is I can't find the cable anywhere else and ordering from companies who ship from China is always a risk and hit & miss.

I'll post detailed pics and a short video if possible so please feel free to post any comments to help me in my predicament!

My Cyrusher XF800 (Without the battery on it)
Cyrusher XF 800 700w+.jpg

Damn Error Code!
03 INFO ERROR.jpg

Installed new 700w Bafang Motor.......Damn Motor Cable 50mm too short on this one. Controller cable has no slack to reach either :/
Motor Cable too short.jpg

EXTENSION CABLE NEEDED.png

Here is a short clip of what happens when you throttle it , it is making a horrible grinding noise, cuts out and flashes '03 info'

Splice the danged thing add a piece of wire to your controller cable, get a local nerd to do this( it can be done neatly) if you do not want to bother.

So did it end up being the power cable was damaged or was it the hall sensor, or both? I own the same bike and from what I'm reading sometimes the axle l spins & damagesthe cable (cause a short ot broken wire) and that will fry out the hall sensor?

Back