Hi ! I live in so.fla. Bin ridding for decades.regular bikes that is. Went to a electric bike shop in Port St. Lucie. One test ride ,it was all over.

Epedeler

Next thing I know I speed read the owners manual and I’m taking a 14 mile. Ride home... I like it.now I’m hooked ?? So I bought a magnum 700c metro plus 48 v. 28x1.5 tires. I’m green at this ebike thing. Anybody got any tips on what to pay more attention to than the obvious dose anyone have one like it? Thanks! JIM

Attachments

• F1039560-4CC3-4023-9CE4-CBE80EDDB1BA.jpeg
    F1039560-4CC3-4023-9CE4-CBE80EDDB1BA.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 329
  • C6C54BEF-DACB-45E6-AB69-237A952AB751.jpeg
    C6C54BEF-DACB-45E6-AB69-237A952AB751.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 314
  • DCFA841F-D4FF-4839-81D0-193C11B5D2ED.jpeg
    DCFA841F-D4FF-4839-81D0-193C11B5D2ED.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 298
Best easy tip is to make sure not to leave the battery fully charged when the bike is not in use all the time. 50% charge is recommended for storage, that expensive battery will last a lot longer. EVERYONE I've let ride my ebike comes back with a huge grin on their face and wants to buy one but when they ask how much they cost, they think I am crazy for spending 2k+ on bike with a little electric motor.

Best easy tip is to make sure not to leave the battery fully charged when the bike is not in use all the time.
Hutchinson Island, South Florida. AKA 'Paradise'! You'll be riding every week of the year. You're the same perfect distance north of the equator as I am south of it.

Welcome to the ebike life and the EBR Forum, Epedaler!
... David

Last edited by a moderator:
Please add a U-lock to go with the cable lock if you don't have one already. That cable lock can be cut in seconds and your lovely new bike will be gone!

An Abus Granit XPlus is great or anything over $50 if you don't leave your bike for hours at a time.

I use the Abus Granit XPlus and secondary lock the Hiplok Gold, but then again I lock my bike in downtown Toronto in an area with the most bike thefts in the city.

Cheers and congratulations on the new purchase!

I would lose the bell and get a real one. People like to hear the jingle type (same tone that Court uses on his EBR videos).

Best easy tip is to make sure not to leave the battery fully charged when the bike is not in use all the time. 50% charge is recommended for storage, that expensive battery will last a lot longer. EVERYONE I've let ride my ebike comes back with a huge grin on their face and wants to buy one but when they ask how much they cost, they think I am crazy for spending 2k+ on bike with a little electric motor.
Thank you... I’m learning!!!!
Hutchinson Island, South Florida. AKA 'Paradise'! You'll be riding every week of the year. You're the same perfect distance north of the equator as I am south of it.

Welcome to the ebike life and the EBR Forum, Epedaler!
... David
thanks!! I appreciate all the advice ?
I would lose the bell and get a real one. People like to hear the jingle type (same tone that Court uses on his EBR videos).

Way to go Jim! Welcome. Looks like you are all hooked up and off to a great start! Highly addictive. You will be trying to find excuses to go for a ride anytime day or night. Looks like you are in a perfect place to do that. Enjoy!

I like this handle bar.
1541198043938.png

Jones SG 2.5 Aluminum Loop H-Bar
Lots of real estate for gadgets and a horn.
1541198189939.png

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
1541198478543.png

Keep the earphones out of your ears and use this helmet that transmits sound through your check bones. The best thing I have bought. Look around. I found one for $160.00

Enjoy your ride

Get a mirror. I had to change my grips to use a bar end type.

I second this. I like the Mirricycle. About $13. It goes inside the handlebar so you might have to cut a hole in the grip if it doesn't have one.

If you get one and don't read the instructions, you'll find the screws seem too tight. Poor QC? No, they need to be tight to keep the mirror in place.

Back