Hi from Los Angeles

Hammer Time

Hi to all from LA. I've been reading this forum for a while as I searched for an Ebike that would suit my needs and my wallet, sometimes a difficult combination! lol.

I've been looking at Ebikes for a couple of years. I used to race on the road and track, on non-electric bikes, with moderate success at local levels. I was riding about 250 miles/week in training. But then a rather continuous string of injuries, spaced so that I was never able to fully recover from one before another came along, sidelined me.

I really missed my bikes and I think that the best way to recover is with an Ebike, which will allow me to get my heart rate up with low impact workouts, but still allow me to get home, if I overdo it.

A couple of weeks ago, on another forum, a lightly used Wallke X3 Pro came available and I jumped on it. I'm slowly putting on the miles (slow - because my previous riding experience let me know that I'm prone to saddle sores). Yes, I know, TMI.

Anyway, I'm happy that I found this place, it's chock full of useful info.

A big welcome to you Hammer Time. You‘ve found a great site with lots of help from friendly people and some very knowledgeable folks as well. Do ask questions and jump in to offer advice. Take your time getting back in and more importantly good luck and ride safe.

Thanks for the welcome Bigal1463. I appreciate it.

Looks like a knowledgeable group. I'm sure that I'll get my questions answered here. I doubt that I have much advice to give at this point, but hoping that will change over time.

Welcome the the site and the electric flavor of the hobby.
Parts forum near the bottom has a couple of threads about more comfortable saddles. Those of us of a certain age tend to sit more upright than the racers & road bike riders, and put more weight on our hips. Modernbike.com has a large selection of saddles online, although after the 2019 china lockdown they don't have much stock.

Thanks for the info indianjo. Saddles have always been a crapshoot for me and over the years I tried over a dozen makes/models before I settled on one that worked for me. The one I campaigned on, for the most part, was a "Turbo" brand. I stopped racing and riding before saddles were developed that had the gap in the perineal area. I think they're a good idea so I just went looking for one with that feature.

My LBS recommended a Bontrager, the "comfort" model. I've take only three rides on it so far, but it seems to be working for me.

Back