Hi! Eahora arrived damaged. 'Bike Doctor' is scared to touch it.

imtire

I'm excited about my Eahora X7 Plus Folding Electric Bike 48V 750W. But it arrived damaged. Bike Doctor shop is great and has been dealing with them for years. However, they hesitated on even touching the bike and only did so after I talked them into it. They identified the damaged part, but not sure if they will put it on. I've never worked or bikes and I'm learning that shops around my area do not service Eahora's. Hoping if anyone knows a shop/person in the DC/VA/MD area that I can take my bike too for a true assessment and repair if necessary. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• bike Part bend on frame.jpg
    bike Part bend on frame.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 489
  • highlighted-bike Part bend on   frame.jpg
    highlighted-bike Part bend on frame.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 483
Be aware of this portion of their warranty:

”........ we will NOT tolerate rude/vulgar language towards our staff. We will offer a warning if this occurs, after that we do reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, issue refunds, void warranties, or cancel orders at our sole discretion. If this decision is made it is final and cannot be undone.“

”........ we will NOT tolerate rude/vulgar language towards our staff. We will offer a warning if this occurs, after that we do reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, issue refunds, void warranties, or cancel orders at our sole discretion. If this decision is made it is final and cannot be undone.“

hmm....interesting to say the least.

Again, I am reminded I should never write emails or posts before I had some coffee :) Just to clarify, I bought the bike through Amazon. I had to put it together when it arrived which is not my best talent. I took it to Bike Doctor to see if they could help and that is what I posted in the previous Email. I love Bike Doctor, Waldorf Md. I didn't even see a warranty but have good experiences with Amazon's customer service. It does not speak well for Eahora if they are making threats via their own warranty.

Again, I am reminded I should never write emails or posts before I had some coffee :) Just to clarify, I bought the bike through Amazon. I had to put it together when it arrived which is not my best talent. I took it to Bike Doctor to see if they could help and that is what I posted in the previous Email. I love Bike Doctor, Waldorf Md. I didn't even see a warranty but have good experiences with Amazon's customer service. It does not speak well for Eahora if they are making threats via their own warranty.
Why didn't you start this thread by stating what the problem is? You said the bike shop identified the problem, and your picture title is 'bike part bend'. So from that we can surmise that you have a derailuer guard that is pushed in towards the bike. This is a very common issue with eAhora when bikes are shipped.

Did you even think to pull it back into position? I have an eAhora as well and after upgrading my tires a few weeks ago my guard was pushed in slightly. Using some arm strength, I pulled it back to it's original, operational position.

It ain't rocket science.

This is actually common with many Internet bikes... just bend the guard out. I was reluctant to do it with my ebike but then it wouldn't shift into the farthest gears until I did it.

Was installing the derailuer guard part of your install? It looks like it may not be correctly seated to the frame. On my XC100 it was already installed. If the factory shipped yours installed, maybe they didn't have it on correctly there. Either way, it's a simple fix.

Beware of Eahora.

I bought the X7 plus (on Amazon). Minor build required, which was great. Then the problems. Couldn’t get it to turn on. Tried a bunch of different things (pushing remote buttons, etc.). Contacted Eahora, they were responsive, and followed all of their directions. Still wouldn’t power on. Ended up calling a couple of retailers listed on their site (assumed I did something stupid). We checked wires and tried to power on a couple of different ways. Still didn’t work. Contacted Eahora again to let them know that nothing worked and their recommendation was to remove the anti-theft module. That requires me to pull apart the battery and re-wire the bike. Not doing that. It has warranty void written all over it. Finally decided to ask for a refund (bought it on Amazon and had 30 days). The response from Eahora to the return request was that it wasn’t allowed as the purchase included hazardous material (interesting that you can ship it, but taking it back is too dangerous).

I am now working with Amazon to get a replacement or a refund. Called my credit card company to dispute the charges. Asking the user to re-wire a bike to get it to work is not a solution. You buy anything else, charge it and it works. I expect the same of an e-bike. I haven’t received a refund, but wanted to share my experience with anyone considering buying an Eahora. BUY SOMETHING ELSE!

oh i see, this is a "woke" company. never heard of them before this forum, and seeing that I will go ahead and forget about them.

not that I am rude or vulgar to anyone customer service company. but to void a warranty when a customer gets upset is a bit much.

Back