Hey y'all

ressikan

Region
USA
City
Pittsburgh
1000008923.jpg

I'm new to ebiking. Just picked up a roadster v2 to help tackle the large hills in my area.

I'm interested in learning more about how to build and modify my other bikes into ebikes, and maybe upgrade this one along the way.

Happy to be here!

Welcome to the site and the electric side of the hobby.
That battery is severely stealth. Mine is 11" long and 6" high.

Welcome to the site and the electric side of the hobby.
That battery is severely stealth. Mine is 11" long and 6" high.
Thanks!

Nice! Yeah the battery range is more than enough for me right now. I'm working with an 8 mile commute each way. It's just the hills that get me.

I have an old Cannondale that I'd love to put a powerful mid drive on and see what it can do though!

View attachment 176988

I'm new to ebiking. Just picked up a roadster v2 to help tackle the large hills in my area.

I'm interested in learning more about how to build and modify my other bikes into ebikes, and maybe upgrade this one along the way.

Happy to be here!
Welcome. I have a couple of the Gravelsters. Nice to ride a lightweight Ebike on occasion. You may consider wider handlebars at some point. They were a nice upgrade for me...

Sweet bike! Welcome! I'm thrilled to see people embarking on cool bike trips, and I'm even more excited that I can finally start doing that again too. I've recently discovered some great folks at https://academized.com/cheap-term-paper who are helping me with my studies, so I can make time for more adventures like this. Balancing academic commitments and personal passions like biking can be challenging, but with Academized's support, managing my workload has become more manageable. Their affordable term paper services have allowed me to focus on my studies without sacrificing my love for outdoor activities.

Last edited:
Nice looking bike. I recall Pittsburgh as a city of big hills, We stayed downtown one July 4, maybe 1998, and walked to the river to watch the fireworks.

Other than a mirror, there's nothing more I would add to your Roadster, When you start electrifying regular bikes, one of the bigger things becomes battery placement, after you decide if you want mid motor or a hubmotor.

For stealhier looks, choices include smaller battery on bag on a rear rack, small battery pretending to be a water bottle on frame. Sometimes a battery on the frame can look sleeker than a big fat aluminum ebike frame.

Back