Help with motor behavior after crash

KuRi

Hi!

Yesterday a dog appeared from nowhere and it got stuck between both wheels. I had a big crash. The bike does not look bad (damage only to derailleur, pedal and grip). After cleaning and swapping the damaged parts (or repairing) I noticed something that I am not sure if it was there before...

The bike is a giant fathom E+ 2 with pro motor. I was testing that everything was fine and then I noticed that with the assistance activated (any level from 1-5) I can pedal very slow and smooth and the motor does not engage until I make some more pressure. As soon as I press the pedal with more pressure the motor engages and it looks like it is working fine, but I don't remember having this behavior before. I even noticed the motor engaging and disengaging when soft pedaling (intermitent activation).

Could you please test your giant ebikes and tell me if you are able to pedal so soft that the motor does not engage (but you are not free pedaling, the bike is advancing easily so some torque is been generated)?

Thanks for your help,
Regards.

Hi!

Yesterday a dog appeared from nowhere and it got stuck between both wheels. I had a big crash.
The bike does not look bad (damage only to derailleur, pedal and grip). After cleaning and swapping the damaged parts (or repairing) I noticed something that I am not sure if it was there before...

The bike is a giant fathom E+ 2 with pro motor. I was testing that everything was fine and then I noticed that with the assistance activated (any level from 1-5) I can pedal very slow and smooth and the motor does not engage until I make some more pressure. As soon as I press the pedal with more pressure the motor engages and it looks like it is working fine, but I don't remember having this behavior before. I even noticed the motor engaging and disengaging when soft pedaling (intermitent activation).
Could you please test your giant ebikes and tell me if you are able to pedal so soft that the motor does not engage (but you are not free pedaling, the bike is advancing easily so some torque is been generated)? Thanks for your help, Regards.

The big question... how is the dog?

I spent 3 hours at the hospital because of several injuries on my right leg and arm... thanks for asking.

P.D: the dog did not receive any damage...

I spent 3 hours at the hospital because of several injuries on my right leg and arm... thanks for asking.

thats the way life is sometimes. I wish I could blame a dog when I crashed. heal fast.

Glad to hear that you are both doing fine.

I had a tumble on my expensive carbon road bike last year and while I was lying by the side of the road, thankfully with only a few scrapes, the only thing I could think of was, "I hope I haven't cracked my carbon frame".
KuRi, I'm sorry to hear about your crash and injuries.

Back