Help with electrobike

Bandit

Hi need help,I have two [Electrobike plus 26 ] folding bikes both are 36v 8ah and a 250wh motor both did work but the battery on one of them the 3 connector were bent and the battery would not locate correctly.so I took the bottom cover off and opened the connectors now it fits well.but it will not work.if I turn the battery on its full with 42v on the connectors but when I turn it on when it's in the bike the lights on the battery go off.if I put the battery from the other bike in everything works so now I feel that the connectors are not making contact on that battery but if they were not why do the lights go off?.I have now made a battery pack with 3 x12v 7.0amp batterys which gives me 36v 7amp to try which I put a fuse in line and on and off switch.I connect the + & - to the connectors on the bike and turn the battery on and nothing happens but there is 40v coming from the leads if I put the made battery on the other bike it will not work.I know that I have not used a bms on the new battery but I still feel it would work,unless on the Electrobike plus you have to have a bms and that why the battery off the bike and the made up battery don't work.
Many thanks for any help and sorry for how long this is.
John

If the battery works in the other bike it sounds like the connections on the battery are still messed up. Can you post some pictures?
And welcome!

You have the the silverfish pack with bottom contacts? I own one with four slots but only two contacts.
42592 42593 42594

There's a version with side discharge contacts that has three terminal, but only two are used.I will assume you have the first type. Cannot tell from the little oics on the web of your ebike.

Anyway, you said the battery from the second bike works on both bikes? The battery where you bent the prongs doesn't work in either bike.

You verified with a meter that you're getting 36 volts on the same two prongs on both batteries? Can you look on the other side of the connector? On my bike, with the bottom discharge, they put the controller in a compartment under the two pronged connector. Can you look on your bike to see where the prongs go, and which one correspond to the red/black power leads going to the controller?

Is it possible you flipped the connector around when you took it off the battery? I hope not.

You have the the silverfish pack with bottom contacts? I own one with four slots but only two contacts.
View attachment 42592 View attachment 42593 View attachment 42594

There's a version with side discharge contacts that has three terminal, but only two are used.I will assume you have the first type. Cannot tell from the little oics on the web of your ebike.
View attachment 42595

Anyway, you said the battery from the second bike works on both bikes? The battery where you bent the prongs doesn't work in either bike.

You verified with a meter that you're getting 36 volts on the same two prongs on both batteries? Can you look on the other side of the connector? On my bike, with the bottom discharge, they put the controller in a compartment under the two pronged connector. Can you look on your bike to see where the prongs go, and which one correspond to the red/black power leads going to the controller?

Is it possible you flipped the connector around when you took it off the battery? I hope not.
[/QU

Hi I can't thank you enough,I checked it weeks ago but I must of had one upside down on the table
I can't believe I done something so stupid,yes they were around the wrong way.I'm going to say I work all day and I'm old and everything seems
to go wrong.ha ha. Anyway thank you both so much.if you don't mind one more question I would like to ask.
If I use 3x12v 12ah battery which gives me 36v 12ah why will they not work on the bike when I connect the wires
To where the battery plugs in,any help if possible much appreciated..
John

Let's hope both your bikes and both batteries still work! It sounds like the battery's BMS worked right shutting down the battery when it sensed a big overload.

As to why your 3x12 pack doesn't work, is it a real 12AH pack? It's not one of them power banks where they put six 18650 cells reputed to be 2AH each in a 3x2 array, and they use creative math to call it 12AH? cStill ought to light up the ebike display, if it has one.

Hi my friend thanks for the reply.the 3 battery's are gel deep cycle 12v 12ah. I have made a 36v battery from 6v NI-AH 3.7ah in series and parallel total 36 batterys which charge to 42v and about 21ah but same problem with that pack as well.just got home from work and connect
The three 12v batteries on the bike with no luck checked the voltage and they are 37v so I put the power supply on which took it to 42v and everything worked so it has to be the batteries.I have not tried the ni-ah yet but I really hope they work,I just need to find out if I need the thermal cut outs on each 6v battery or just one on each 12v bank I make.you have been a great help and I'm glad it's sorted.hope to talk again. hope you and all your family have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New year
John

Last edited:
Let's hope both your bikes and both batteries still work! It sounds like the battery's BMS worked right shutting down the battery when it sensed a big overload.

As to why your 3x12 pack doesn't work, is it a real 12AH pack? It's not one of them power banks where they put six 18650 cells reputed to be 2AH each in a 3x2 array, and they use creative math to call it 12AH? cStill ought to light up the ebike display, if it has one.

IS IT A GOOD IDEA TOO MAKE 6 BATTERY OFF 12V WITH BALANCE BOARD

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200514_144648.jpg
    Screenshot_20200514_144648.jpg
    314 KB · Views: 368
Back