Help with choosing a roof rack for Electra Cruiser Lux Fat Tyre 7D

Kajacek

Region
Europe
What base and roof rack do you recommend for the Electra Cruiser Lux Fat Tire 7D bike? The bike weighs about 20 kg, the tire size is 26x3.5".
The diameter of the tire is probably the key here because of the size.

Attachments

• IMG_20220917_114249.jpg
    IMG_20220917_114249.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 80
What about this ??

Screenshot_20230408-131105_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Your tires should be fine, but I don't think the roof rack can support much weight ?
😂

Then there's the strength and personal height required to get it up there!

Here we go,..

This is a roof rack that will fit your Electra Cruiser Lux Fat Tyre 7D.
You can carry lots of cargo on this roof rack.
It looks pretty sturdy !! 😂

Screenshot_20230408-200000_Samsung Internet.jpg

Maybe I've misunderstood. I THINK our OP is looking for a roof rack to allow transporting his bike on top of his car?

Yeah, I'm just being a smart ass.

It took me quite a while to find a picture of an ebike with a roof rack. 😂

20 kg is relatively light among ebikes, but have you put some serious thought into how you're going to get the bike on and off the rack? Yeah, it may be doable but may not be particularly easy or enjoyable.

TT

20 kg is relatively light among ebikes, but have you put some serious thought into how you're going to get the bike on and off the rack? Yeah, it may be doable but may not be particularly easy or enjoyable.

TT
^^^ What he said.

I found lots of pictures of roof racks for bikes, including fat bikes.

Screenshot_20230408-202438_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20230408-202526_DuckDuckGo.jpgScreenshot_20230408-202608_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Here's a list of the ten best,..
Some appear to be adjustable for wheel diameter.

Thanks for all the replies to my post - I knew I'd find some help choosing a bike carrier for my bike here. I chose 2 manufacturers: THULE and YAKIMA - next week I will go to the bicycle center and there they will help me choose a base and bicycle rack for my car. Ultimately, two bikes are to be transported on it: my Electra Cruiser Lux Fat Tire 7D and a recreational bike for my wife.

Back